MC 909 patches

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
nocredentails

MC 909 patches

Post by nocredentails »

does anyone here know if it is possible to make a sample loop so it is continous like if i sampled a soft synth i liked and wanted to play it like an instrument with infanant sustain like the other patches on the 909.

I also have not figured out how to use the machine gun mode...lol i know its a silly thing but I really want to know how to access it.
DoDD

Re: MC 909 patches

Post by DoDD »

I know what you mean about the sample. I also have not figured how to do that.

I sampled some of my synths but after creating the patch when I hit the key they play only once as in a one-shot sample.

As far as the SMG function, you have to make sure you're on the latest FW (1.23)

Older FW do not have the SMG function (even though it's listed on the manual)

So in order to use it, first you have to make sure you're using a patch that you created (it will not work on preset patches).

Then go into the settings of the match and under Matrix Ctrl set the setting to SMG and then turn the sensitivity to +63

Play back the sample and at the same time turn the Matrix Ctrl knob and you'll hear the effect.

It's pretty neat, I like it. You can make some cool breakbeat/IDM type things.

Hope that helps
nocredentails

Post by nocredentails »

i dont think i will ever know the machine gun feature im terrified to run the update...i dont want a brick...loosing the preset patterns may be nice though as i never ever use them.
Building$eas

Post by Building$eas »

you shul run the update. I was also worried, but it took less than 5 minutes, and it was simple. Of course, save everything first.