SP-555 SP555 Compact Flash format anxiety

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
ibrowze

SP-555 SP555 Compact Flash format anxiety

Post by ibrowze »

I'm totally racked off with buying CF1 type compact flash cards that don't work with my SP-555. Roland gives absolutely no detailed information as to whether the cards are FAT16 or FAT32 never mind the allocation size of the memory blocks. What am I ? Psychic ? Some cards don't allow the machine to switch on whereas others allow it's little lightshow start up only to end up with one '5' displayed at the beginning of the readout. I'm thinking of attaching my nuts to the mains supply just to experience a different kind of pain. My Integral 128mb works whereas the 1gb doesn't..uh? My Jessops 2gb which came with the device used to work but since I filled it up it reads ok in the card reader but shows nothing when inserted into the SP-555..ouch! The Viking Interworks 512mb seems to be ok. I've got 3 other 2gb CF1 type cards which don't work. If I could format the cards on my PC ready for the SP-555 things would be hunky dory. SP-555 developers decided in their infinite wisdom to unleash some kind of digital language barrier. Enough blabbing...
HHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPP, PLEEEEEEEAAAASE aaaaaggh
babyghost

Re: SP-555 SP555 Compact Flash format anxiety

Post by babyghost »

yea man i cant find any that work