Mc 505 Clarifications

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
SnakeHips

Mc 505 Clarifications

Post by SnakeHips »

Hey, I'm new here and I just got my MC-505 a few days ago, for $90. Couldn't really pass it up.

Anyway, I just have a few questions about how it a few things work. I have been reading the manual frequently, so I have a lot figured out though.

Each "pattern" consists of all tracks (parts), correct? So in order to have a pattern with just one part I have to have all others nto playing, and I can't paste together different single parts together, right? I have to copy patterns to add parts to them if I want some sort of progression, like adding one part (track) at a time?

Also, is there any way to start with a blank patch? I have gone into the U (user) patch bank, but they all already have sounds in them.

I'm still figuring out some things, but I just wanted to get those questions out there.

Thanks
timstanek1988

Re: Mc 505 Clarifications

Post by timstanek1988 »

Hi, I believe that you can play parts from different patterns together using the MEGAMIX function, underneath the EFX/OUT option.

to clear patches, hold down EDIT and hit "2" [Erase]. move the value knob until you get to ALL, then hit enter twice.

Hope this helps!