MC-505 pattern write issue

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
Kanji

MC-505 pattern write issue

Post by Kanji »

Hello, I'm new here at RolandClan but I've been long time user of roland gear.

I picked up second hand MC-505 couple months ago and when I got it I did factory reset to it.

It worked like a charm for couple months but now there is strange pattern write issue. Maybe I'm just dumb but I managed to write patterns without any problems until this point.

Yesterday when I already had pattern at userpattern 087, i recorded new pattern to userpattern 078. I fiddled with soundpatches until I was happy pattern, stored it so same location (User 078) and turned power off. Today I went thru my previous patterns and noticed that 087 was exactly the same as pattern that I recorded yesterday to pat78 sound were from pattern 087 but notes from 078. So I no longer had my original pattern that I had on that location.

Well, I cleared that corrupted pattern and recorded same stuff that I had on that pattern again from computer sequencer and everything was fine until I got back to pattern 078. This time it had over write the stuff I have on pattern 78 with stuff that I recorded to 87... feck..

So.. Everytime I record something to pattern 87 it over writes pattern 78, and vice versa.

Also, even If I reboot my MC-505 and start to record new pattern, TMP pattern has notes from my last recording session, if I delete notes from my TMP pattern it also delete notes from the pattern where I've saved that session.

This is really hard to explain but this drives me totally insane. I have smart media card on my SP303 sampler (filled with samples), so I think only option is to copy user patterns to there, make a factory reset and return patterns from smart media to MC-505's ram? I really wouldn't like to format my smart media that has samples that I use on SP303..

Is there something I'm missing, how deleting notes from TMP pattern can also delete notes from the pattern where its saved?