MC-307 Questions

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
Kim Evergreen

MC-307 Questions

Post by Kim Evergreen »

A Patch is analogous to a particular instrument, such as a piano or a guitar
A Rhythm set allows you to play a different instrument from each note of the keyboard. The instruments will not sound the pitches of the scale
1. So patches are the instrument-samples and the rhythm sets are a collection of those samples, organized on the keys, right?

2. From each note means each key plays a different instrument, right?
The MC-307 has got 16 keys.
In the manual on page 159 ("Preset rhythm set list") on the left side there is a graphical representation of the keys from the keyboard and the corresponding patch for each individual preset rhythm set. There are way more than 16 patches listed for each preset rhythm set. On top of the graphical representation is written "Note No.", so I can change the note for all key. How? Is it correct to use the OCT- and OCT+ buttons?

3. When I shift the octave with OCT- or OCT+ I can hear different patches inside of the rhythm set, so OCT- and OCT+ should be the right buttons for changing the note, but I don't understand why at OCT -4 there are only 4 patches on the keys. idem with OCT+4

4. Furthermore, I don't understand why the notes start at 35. and next to 36 is written C2 and the patches are divided by a dotted line, then at 48 comes C3 and again a dotted line, at 60 C4 dotted line, ... . The number of patches between each dotted line is 12. It should be 16 (the number of keys) no?

5. What does "The instruments will not sound the pitches of the scale" mean?

thank you!