roland mc909 noob

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
jake0

roland mc909 noob

Post by jake0 »

Hi - I've never had a groovebox or tried to make any sort of electronic music so I know this question is very dumb. I'm trying to just use the velocity pads to try and play a beat with my fingers. I select a empty pattern (1st one). Select a part (10 for example) - select a rythm patch for that part (tr909 kick or whatever) - press record - select the recording type (not real time) - hit play ... but the velocity pads dont produce any drum noises. The volume is up, its not on mute or anything. Whats weird though is if I press the cursor down and up buttons they play drum noises, but its like they cycle through them. And when I press the velocity pads I can see the markers for the pattern come up or whatever so I know the velocity pads work. Its almost like the cursor buttons are assigned to be the input for the drum sounds or something ridiculous like that. I have no clue I'm totally new to all this. Literally the 1st day I've ever played with this kind of stuff. So sorry if this is retarded. Thanks
jake0

Re: roland mc909 noob

Post by jake0 »

never mind i figured it out.
ZipSnipe

Re: roland mc909 noob

Post by ZipSnipe »

bout to say you most likely need to follow the manual plus watch YouTube vids.