Sample Management MC 909

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
chrisbeeXL

Sample Management MC 909

Post by chrisbeeXL »

I am trying to use the 909 as a live sampler, sampling directly on the fly throught the effects and chopping it up... I run in to a problem with the chopping because the 909 needs to store the samples after chopping before it will create a new rhythm patch, and sometimes the meager 16 MB of system flash memory is used up... It is not possible in the middle of a performance to save each and every slice individually to the memory card, so my question is... Is there a way to bypass the system flash and just always have the 909 to default to the memory card? Also is there a way to save the entire memory, or an entire pattern, with all presets changes and samples? If neither of these things is possible, then I am seriously running out of reasons to keep this unit... I guess have an XV Rompler with a control surface is nice... but I though this was going to be something I could perform with,,, and live sampling is supposed to be one of it's features.
chrisbeeXL

Re: Sample Management MC 909

Post by chrisbeeXL »

Come on, there has to be someone out there who uses the 909?!?! I see that Container uses one for his live show... Is he on here. How's about any of the tech geniuses at Roland that designed this incomplete operating system. Any of you around?
DoDD242

Re: Sample Management MC 909

Post by DoDD242 »

I don't have an answer for you but I have a similar problem.

A while back I installed a 256MB memory stick on my MC-909. When I check the memory info under system info it shows Sampling (256MB available), User (16MB available) and Card (128MB available, which I have it installed).

However, when I'm recording samples into the 909, it saves them automatically to the User area which only has a measly 16MB. I can move the sample files from there to the Card via the file utility but that gets tiriing after a while.

My question is, why isn't the MC-909 not using the additional 256MB of memory that I installed? Why is it saving samples to the User area ? Is there a way to change it to save to sampling area and if so how?