How to update an established pattern's tempo? (MC-909)

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
useless_alias

How to update an established pattern's tempo? (MC-909)

Post by useless_alias »

Hi, I've browsed and seen many tempo related questions but not one exactly like this and I know the answer is probably very simple and I'm just not figuring it out. I recorded a pattern on a 909 and decided after it sounds better a bit faster by a small margin. For the life of me I cannot seem to re-write the pattern with the increased tempo value. It always goes back to the originally recorded BPM.

I attempted to insert tempo change in microscope mode at the very beginning of the pattern but it is greyed out. I tried to set it statically on the tempo/mute track window but that only seems to record dynamic changes and even with that, when the pattern loops back to the beginning it still begins with the originally recorded tempo. It is driving me nuts!! How do you simply update a pattern's tempo from it's original BPM and resave the pattern so you do not have to adjust it with turntable emulation? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
wombatguy

Re: How to update an established pattern's tempo? (MC-909)

Post by wombatguy »

select the pattern
1. F1 / LIST --- F2 / USER --- , find the pattern then press ENTER
2. Press F6 / BPM / Click
3. Use the VALUE scroll wheel which will do 0.1 tempo change values but if you hold down SHIFT then scroll you do 1.0 tempo changes which is nice.
4. Once you found the desired tempo/BPM (beats per minute) press F6 to close
5. Press Write then either ENTER or F1 / PTN then choose the name
6. Scroll to the user set you wish to save the pattern and press F6 / WRITE

That should do it, you can also save a pattern set from like U:20 then one next to it at U:21 then scroll up from U:20 to U:21 to go to a pattern with a varying speed if you wanted to jump like 60 BPM drastically without using the TURNTABLE slider.