MC-505 demo patterns question about drum rolls

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
Snotrocket

MC-505 demo patterns question about drum rolls

Post by Snotrocket »

I have owned the mc505 since 1998 and only used it as a sound module in the studio years ago fast forward to today the studio is long gone and I just found this old beast in storage and i have been investing some time playing around with it "its f~n awsome".

Ok here is my question some of the demo songs have supper fast drum rolls but when I use the arpeggiator on a snare or hht when recording its exactly the way i want it but on playback it is not as fast the drum roll becomes a few hits how can i increase the resolution of the pattern to fit the rolls in the pattern ?

I hope my question makes sense and thanks for reading .....
Snotrocket

Re: MC-505 demo patterns question about drum rolls

Post by Snotrocket »

I answered my own question "SHIFT + 2" the default grid resolution can not fit fast spinning rolls so I changed it ……..
old 505 newbie

Post by old 505 newbie »

Happy to see some 505 posts on here. I'm not learning much reading the manual and trying to manipulate the sounds. I was wondering about d.rolls and other effects not assigned.
How'd you change resolution, scale?
Just got mine to learn on. Haven't played music since 1963
Snotrocket

Post by Snotrocket »

Hi old 505-

Page 113. Specifying the Unit (Resolution) Hold shift and press the keyboard pad 2 and you use < page > buttons
or dial to change the settings and when your done press the exit button

I changed mine to the little note that looks like the letter F so now when i use the arpeggiator on the drums it records the really fast rolls

I hope that helped …..