MC-909 Editor

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
dcer10

MC-909 Editor

Post by dcer10 »

My MC-909 won't connect for some reason. Tried multiple computers (mac & windows), multiple midi interfaces, soft through off, remote keyboard switch off. I have selected the correct midi ports, and the default device ID (matches MC-909 - 17). I can see that on the MC-909 when I move a mixer slider it moves on the editor, when I move a slider on a mac/pc editor it updates on the MC-909. The problem is that when I hit read it always comes back with an error - can't connect.

I have had an MC-808 since new, and have used the MC-909 editor before. I'm generally quite familiar with the machines & editors, but I'm a bit baffled as to what the problem is here.

Any advice?
dcer10

Re: MC-909 Editor

Post by dcer10 »

No ideas on what I might be doing wrong? It is frustrating not being able to use the editor. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset, but hoping I don't have to.
dcer10

Post by dcer10 »

A factory restore didn't help, tried a brand new mac that had never had the editor (or any software) on it before... I can't imagine what might be causing the issue.
chambeau

Post by chambeau »

Funny I was having this problem with both my 909 and 808.

Same thing, except the Read progress bar will stop at 50% and say that midi is not connected. I checked all my cables and hardware and they are solid. The only thing I can think of is that software itself is somehow at fault. Honestly Roland has had such an abysmal track record with their software that I think it would benefit everybody if they just open sourced the editors and drivers for most of their legacy products. That way people could make some tweaks and keep some of this older equipment in use.

If anyone is still reading this thread try this:

Find the "MC-909Editor.exe" program in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roland\MC-909Editor"
Right Click
Click Properties
Click "Compatibility" Tab
Choose "Change settings for all users"
Change it to "Windows XP Service Pack 2"
Click "Run as Administrator"
Click "Ok"

This may not work, but there aren't too many things we can do.