MC-909 External Sequencing

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
DaniH

MC-909 External Sequencing

Post by DaniH »

I'm using FL Studio with my MC-909 and I want to record just midi notes to the MC-909. Every time I do, Realtime-wait note-loop rest on, it either crashes my MC-909 or the whole pattern gets filled but there are no notes data. I have the MC-909 DVD and set my remote kbd to off as suggested but still cannot get the notes on the MC-909.

I had this problem with my MC-808 but got it fixed rather quick. Is there something I'm missing and or doing wrong??
Gibo

Re: MC-909 External Sequencing

Post by Gibo »

Could you upload the dvd to youtube ? it would be a great help to me.
bonerton

Post by bonerton »

I've sequenced my 909 from my computer and ableton. Obviously you'll need a midi cable from computer-out > mc-in. To record onto the 909's sequencer from an external sequencer: Set sync mode to slave (or remote) on the 909, make sure your external sequencer is sending notes and clock info, and that you know what channel it's sending on. Do realtime rec on mc with count-in: none, and loop rest: off; and be sure to match the number of measures you'd like to record from the external. Play the external, and hit stop on the mc once it reaches the end of the measure.

You could also just export/load sequences as standard midi files via usb ;)
DaniH

Post by DaniH »

Gibo wrote:Could you upload the dvd to youtube ? it would be a great help to me.

I can.

bonerton wrote:I've sequenced my 909 from my computer and ableton. Obviously you'll need a midi cable from computer-out > mc-in. To record onto the 909's sequencer from an external sequencer: Set sync mode to slave (or remote) on the 909, make sure your external sequencer is sending notes and clock info, and that you know what channel it's sending on. Do realtime rec on mc with count-in: none, and loop rest: off; and be sure to match the number of measures you'd like to record from the external. Play the external, and hit stop on the mc once it reaches the end of the measure.

You could also just export/load sequences as standard midi files via usb ;)
I forgot about using the SMF feature. I think I will try that instead. Thank you.