MC 909 Noob

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
Electribe_noodler

Re: MC 909 Noob

Post by Electribe_noodler »

If you want seamless genuine loops that all stay in time sync, it's hard with the sp555 unless you use something like Audacity to trim the loop to mathematically fit within a bar or x bars. It doesn't keep loops in sync itself. The best tool for perfect loop sync is the Boss RC505. The Command Station could trigger sp555 samples in time and make it sound like a synced loop I guess, but the sp555 isn't really for that kind of job.
+Vader

Post by +Vader »

Trimming isn't a problem, as I can export the loops straight from the DAW they were originally created in... I thought my fingers would be enough to trigger them however.
THe RC505 is a bit pricey for only part of the whole job (and only have 5 simultaneous tracks)

As I'm thinking about splitting the enormous box of the 909 into separate units, I also have to ask about the new electribes. Their manuals are sketchy at best, and reviews rarely talk about issues of day-to-day use
Can they run loops on all of their pads in sync (with quantized launch)?
Electribe_noodler

Post by Electribe_noodler »

The electribe sampler 2 can play up to 24 notes of polyphony, BUT some effects voice steal. The sequencer is very easy to use and tightly timed. With 240 seconds of sampling it's not for long loops or phrases. You can use x0x, step or live recording on it, you can play all of the 16 channels at once if you like (voice stealing permitting). One insert effect per track, one master effect. No timestretch and slices must be played in order which is terrible.
+Vader

Post by +Vader »

As I mainly looking for a "clip launch device", its limitations don't seem so frustrating, and I found more than one selling for good prices around here lately... is there any real manual for it, or Korg wants me to try after buying?

Anyway.. thanks for the help, it is easier now to decide the order of spending:(And sorry for sprinkling all this Roland forum with other manufacturers' toys)
shanu31

Post by shanu31 »

Excellent thread..!!!