MC-909 saving samples

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
kolor

MC-909 saving samples

Post by kolor »

I've got a question about MC-909. Is there a possibility to save more then one sample at the same time on a SM card?

Example: I've got 90 MBase11 kick samples and after importing it to memory I want to save them to a SM card. I can do it only by saving it one by one because when I mark them and press save I cannot change the directory place and MC-909 want to save them in the user area (16mb) only. Any advices?
grabiller

Re: MC-909 saving samples

Post by grabiller »

What I do for this is that I first save all the sample into the User/Internal Memory, then connect to USB/Internal, save the files I need from the ROLAND -> SMPL folder in a local computer folder, then reconnect the MC to USB/Cards and copy back all the files into the ROLAND -> SMPL folder (which now points to the Memory Card).
bonerton

Post by bonerton »

Great tip grabiller! It's important to note that once samples are saved into the 909 (in either of the User or Card allocations) the sample files themselves are named smpl0001, smpl0002, ... smpl0010, etc in those directories, no matter what you may have named them while saving. Definitely helpful to get familiar with the file directory structure of the MC909
grabiller

Post by grabiller »

Yes indeed, renaming those files will only change their "slot" position, granted you follow the "smplxxxx" naming convention.

Also note that whatever the size of the samples, the "Internal" memory bank is limited to 2000 samples "slots" while the "Memory Card" has 7000 samples "slots".