MC-909 Mixer fader always goes to 126?

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
dcer10

MC-909 Mixer fader always goes to 126?

Post by dcer10 »

When I bought my MC-909 I noticed that the channel 7/15 slider on the mixer seemed to randomly set itself to 126 (at least every few minutes) which is annoying as the value gets recorded.

I always assumed a dirty fader would be the cause (the machine is very clean but was second hand). I cleaned it with compressed air and gave it a lot of movement and it still did the same thing.

I then tracked down a replacement slider and replaced it. Anyone who has worked on the MC-909 control surface board knows this isn’t the easiest thing to get to, but I put in the time hoping it would solve the problem once and for all. It didn’t, still doing the same thing.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this further?
bonerton

Re: MC-909 Mixer fader always goes to 126?

Post by bonerton »

Hey,

I'm assuming that this happens all the time and it's not just a case of accidental volume CC being recorded into the pattern sequencer? Did you run it through Test Mode? You can find directions for that here:

http://www.synfo.nl/servicemanuals/Rola ... _NOTES.pdf

It will run you through a bunch of steps that test all modes and every button/slider. Might be helpful to pinning down the problem. Be wary that at the end of this mode it does a factory reset!