MC 909 USB not recognized

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
hvxcolors

MC 909 USB not recognized

Post by hvxcolors »

Hi,
I finally have some time to invest in my beloved mc909 and while trying to import some samples I see that I cant connect the mc909 to a windows or linux computer. I always get a message that the usb interface was not recognised. Also on the MC909 the connection goes to disconnected. Should I install some drivers first? Anyhow, I didnt find any. (The memorycard works but that is not very convenient.)
Many thanks!
grabiller

Re: MC 909 USB not recognized

Post by grabiller »

That's odd. Mine was recognized instantly by Windows 10 as removable media.
Choosing Internal or Memory Card gives the same result ?
Do you use a USB Hub or something ?
Did you tried different USB sockets from your computer ?
hvxcolors

Post by hvxcolors »

Thanks for the reply. I tried with 2 laptops, one running windows 10, another Linux, I also tried an old laptop running Windows XP. I tried both card and internal memory. No HUB, just cable straight to laptop. I also used different cables.
grabiller

Post by grabiller »

Then I suspect your MC-909 has an USB issue. I can't think of something else in your case.

In my case, which I believe is the normal behavior, I really did nothing else but connect the MC-909 to my computer with a standard USB cable, then Menu -> USB and Internal/Memory Card. Then Windows 10 detected it immediately, and then the MC-909 appeared as a removable media.
ZipSnipe

Post by ZipSnipe »

don't forget to try different usb cables, too many china crap cables out there