Midi between tb-03 and mc-101: How?

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
zooitjezooitje

Midi between tb-03 and mc-101: How?

Post by zooitjezooitje »

A while ago I got a tb03 as a gift and enjoy it a lot. And, of course, it needs a beat! :-) So, I got my hands on a cheap mc-101. Here's the question: what ways can I connect or sync the mc-101 with the tb03 and/or a laptop? What cable(s) do I need for what? I've read about midi tone-input, midiusb, synchronisation, triggers, start/stop and all kinds of stuff. But there's no place where I can find an overview for these two devices and the manuals don't explain anything . Anyone here with tips, links, etc to get into this stuff? thx!

PS: A simple "buy _this_ and _that_ cable and you'll figure it out" while specifying the name of the cables is also a great answer/help!
DaniH

Re: Midi between tb-03 and mc-101: How?

Post by DaniH »

Both support standard midi cables. Any generic midi cable will work. For the laptop you should get a USB to Midi. Any will do as well.

Just hook midi cable from MC-101 OUT to TB-03 IN.
zooitjezooitje

Post by zooitjezooitje »

thanks! Just ordered a midi cable. Tomorrow everything arrives and I'll try to set it all up :-D

I was wondering. The mc101 has a usb port as well. Can't I use that to hook up the laptop, similar to the tb03? Or is the usb on the mc101 only for power?
DaniH

Post by DaniH »

Yes you can connect them to your laptop with the usb cables. I forgot the tb03 has the usb connection. There’s also a sub forum for the MC-101. You should post there for better replies.