MC909 custom RPS stuttering/glitching

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
bonerton

MC909 custom RPS stuttering/glitching

Post by bonerton »

Having a problem with custom RPS sets stuttering / glitching while playing back a pattern:

I've created 16 "auto sync" patches that are each 2 bar rhythmic loop samples at 120bpm. I've assigned each patch to the 16 parts of a single pattern and saved this as my "master 2 bar RPS pattern". I've then created an RPS set with all 16 of these assigned to the pads. They playback and loop as expected from the pads as an RPS set when the sequencer isn't running. But as soon as a pattern is playing back they behave erratically: looping in time but skipping out every 2 or so bars when held, or glitching occasionally. The preset RPS patterns play as expected while the sequencer is running.

I should mention everything (samples, patches, pattern, RPS set) is saved to an 128mb SM card. I have a feeling I'm running into read/write limitations in regards to the SM card? Is the auto sync feature too taxing on this hardware? Or do I just need to save each 2 bar RPS loop to its' own pattern? Pls help! Seems like this machine was meant to do this!