MC-505 panning and output problems

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
sqwire

MC-505 panning and output problems

Post by sqwire »

Hi,
I've bought an MC 505 a couple of months ago. I did a factory reset to wipe the previous owners setting/songs and then spent several weeks making music. The machine is in pretty good condition but seems to have a weird panning/levels quirk. The levels and panning seem to sporadically (and randomly) decide to change when I play stuff back. I can't see any pattern to it, it doesn't seem to do it on all tracks or all songs but when i happens it really screws things up; the drums will suddenly jump to almost silent and then ten seconds later leap up to maximum volume again. Even if i go and fix the panning and levels, when i turn the machine back on again th next day, its reverted back to the changing level setting again.

I don't suppose anyone has quick fix for this problem do they? Could the faders themselves all need replacing?
bonerton

Re: MC-505 panning and output problems

Post by bonerton »

It might just be that you've accidentally recorded those level/pan sweeps into the pattern, as all fader and knob movements on these grooveboxes can be recorded into the sequencer. This data is usually recorded as MIDI CC data or Sysex data, depending on what parameter you record. You can see this data in pattern edit mode and delete it if you want to. If the parameters are jumping on their own, then you might need to replace the faders/knobs, or more like just give them a good cleaning with some deoxi