How use Verselab to make a song?

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
blubb

How use Verselab to make a song?

Post by blubb »

Hi, do you know any resources or ideas how to make a (instrumental) song with the Verselab MV-1? I bought it right when it came out and now have not made anything except a few 1-bar projects. Tried really reading the manual, looking at one or two review videos, but my problem is, without visual overview over the song I'm frequently and easily lost.

I wanted to see myself how it's like to read the state of the machine through the tiny display, and I'm still liking this idea. Well, in theory, I'm now more liking a display that is a bit bigger, like the Yamaha MOX displays for example. But that is just one of the many things between me and the MV 1.

Anyone making songs with it and knowing the practical and typical workflow with this thing?

Thank you....
blubb

Re: How use Verselab to make a song?

Post by blubb »

I have printed the manual and tried it again. I still wonder what a section is and what a clip is. According to the overview figure a section has to do with parts of a song (intro, verse etc). But the manual says, "The seven tracks [...] are collectively known as section. For each section you can create an intro, verse 1, verse 2, chorus, outro and so on."

When I use the MV 1, sections are handled like clips. But you cannot save and load sections. But you're supposed to chain sections together for the song, and you cannot chain clips. I don't understand why there are two different types of stuff and why they make no sense to me.

I have chained things together now, but it's difficult to go to a song position.