---- roland and their non-existing v-synth drivers for win64

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
jcurella

---- roland and their non-existing v-synth drivers for win64

Post by jcurella »

Seriously, I can't import libraries, connect midi, or usb features via usb. And do half the shit I want to do with this synth. Total waste. Thanks a lot roland for ------- over all of us who but an original v-synth, and upgraded to modern os's. Would it really kill you to put out some working drivers for win 7/8 64? Never buying another roland product... EVER!
Quinnx.

Re: ---- roland and their non-existing v-synth drivers for w

Post by Quinnx. »

You dont really need drivers
usb storage is automatic
and midi can be done with a regular midi or midi-usb cable
jcurella

Re:------ roland and their non-existing v-synth drivers for

Post by jcurella »

"You dont really need drivers
usb storage is automatic"~ How so? My win 7 machine doesn't recognize this pos synth on ANY level. Never had these problems with win 32. Seriously... The workarounds are shit as well. I stand by my original comment. When I shelled out 2.4 k for this as a new synth a decade ago. I had no idea that roland would be so petty as to not include drivers for future os's. I want it to work the way it did on my old 32 bit system. Not 1/2 --- on my 64 bit system. Seriously? unacceptable. NEVER AGAIN! I am so ready to sell this POS. And I will scream rolands poor support till the end of days if they don't fix this... Why do I have to buy a 3rd party midi device to use midi features? And usb storage still isn't working! Editing software is non-existing!
jcurella

Re: roland and their non-existing v-synth drivers for w

Post by jcurella »

In other words: Don't buy a roland product, because it will be obsolete in 5-10 years. Nothing but over priced rubbish!
Quinnx.

Re: roland and their non-existing v-synth drivers for w

Post by Quinnx. »

Im assuming were talking about the original vsynth..
Now I understand your frustration as I have fought many battles with roland over the years.
I own a vsynth original and have had it working in windows7 64.
but as is said you need to take a step back and get back to basics.
Its still a standard midi keyboard which means if you approach it on this level its always gonna be fully usable for the foreseeable future regardless because of the universal midi standard.
The only real usb feature the original has is usb storage, and sure you can just as easy use a CF card to transport or back up data.
After this all you got is your standard midi at which point you have a few options.
use a standard midi usb cable to the pc,(I Pick up 4 a while ago for just 5bucks each)
I think the vsynth is worth the investment of at least that much.
Or if you have any other Midi devices already connected to your pc, you can use a standard midi cable to this device and use MIDI THRU to pass data to and from the vsynth.
Once you get over this you have a fully functional very powerful Synth/Sampler that wont becoming obsolete any time soon.
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

I have both the "original" V-synth and the V-synth GT. They BOTH work flawlessly on my Win7 64bits PC. Roland is still supporting the v-Synth GT with drivers for up to win8.

While roland is NOT supporting the original V-synth anymore I'm using E-MU X-Midi for midi to usb. I'm then able to connect the v-synth and use the librarian without any issue. E-MU provides drivers for up to Win7 64 bits, not sure about Win8.
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Or just buy a few of these which i did and require no drivers
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIDI-USB-IN-OUT ... 27e3ac09fa
jcurella

Post by jcurella »

I ended up purchasing a midisport device. But still can't figure out how you guys are able to backup your sounds and use the editor. Are you doing this via usb, or midi? I've been told that the storage feature can still work with win 7 64 via usb. Not happening for me?
jcurella

Post by jcurella »

also, what drivers are you guys using for the storage feature/editor? I can't get any of them to work with my v synth in win 64?
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Usb storage is a universal standard so no drivers required.
if your computer is not detecting mass storage device you will need to check dev manager for ! marks
or disconnect all other usb devs restart then reconnect the v usb and press MODE/SYSTEM and set to USB mode and select Internal or Pc card if your using a CF card which will initiate the MASS STORAGE DEVICE connection to your computer.
Otherwise take your CF card from the V and put it in the pc to access.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

jcurella wrote:also, what drivers are you guys using for the storage feature/editor? I can't get any of them to work with my v synth in win 64?
These are the Drivers I'm using, taken from the Roland.com website:

http://www.roland.com/support/article/? ... d=17833406

1- USB Data
As Quinnx said, you won't need any drivers for the USB Data (mass Storage), as when connecting the XT to a computer, after pressing MODE, USB, CARD (or Internal), you should see the XT's CF Card to show up as a Mass Storage Device in your Windows.

2- USB Audio
The above mentioned drivers provide ASIO Compatibility so the XT is also recognized perfectly as an AUDIO Card. Stand-alone or even using ASIO4ALL together with my Presonus Audiobox 1818 VSL in order to extend the number of available AUDIO Inputs from 18 to 20.

3- USB MIDI
The above mentioned drivers provide USB MIDI Compatibility so the XT is also recognized perfectly as an MIDI/USB device in all my DAWs (Studio One2, Acid Pro 7, Cubase AI7, Reaper).
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

I think he has the original Vsynth not the XT.