V-Synth Preset Recreation

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Xanadu1209

V-Synth Preset Recreation

Post by Xanadu1209 »

Hello all, this is my first post here. I just recently bought an FA-07 and I'm trying to recreate a preset that's on the V-Synth called V-Screamer (Patch 004). It took some digging to figure out what this sound was but I've heard it on a few songs, notably by Frost* and possibly Dream Theater, and I like it very much. I was hoping that someone could give me some information on how the preset is programmed as I don't have a V-Synth and have never had the pleasure of using one. I know the V-Synth and FA are two completely different synths but if I had an idea of how it was programmed on the V-Synth it would be easier to approximate it. I've been working on a patch I started from scratch and it's not bad but there's still something about the way the patch on the V-Synth modulates that I can't quite figure out as well as a sort of wah type effect that I'm guessing is either controlled by the joystick or a pedal. Any screenshots or information on parameters would be amazing.

Here's an example of the sound from the V-Synth. This song has several solos done with that patch.
https://youtu.be/Ol592sakmZU?t=181

Here is what I have so far. I keep playing with different ways of modulating the sound with varying success.
https://soundcloud.com/taylor-hansen-72 ... synth-test

Thanks a lot!
Orinoko

Re: V-Synth Preset Recreation

Post by Orinoko »

Hi Xanadu1209
It is nice to see that somebody is alive here. Just have a look at this V-screamer preset.
"wah type effect that I'm guessing is either controlled by the joystick or a pedal" - I guess it is not, because this preset uses sample 039 SYN-SweepOsc, which has kind of wah effect already sampled. Also the preset uses Amp type Fuzz and speaker Metal Stack and heavy delay. I turned off every effect and filters and just "naked" sample still has this wah effect. Hope it helps.
Xanadu1209

Post by Xanadu1209 »

Hm, interesting. Perhaps I have the wrong preset, or maybe he's not using a preset in his music after all. I'm going off very scarce information. If only V-Synths weren't so darn expensive.
Orinoko

Post by Orinoko »

Hi, Xanadu1209.
The sound you introduced is very close imho. I think he is using this preset, but altered, as usual. Do not think if you get V-synth, your music will sound magicaly better. Just make your music, it is already good.
Xanadu1209

Post by Xanadu1209 »

Oh, I realize that getting a V-Synth wouldn’t make me sound better. I don’t intend on buying one anytime soon, especially not for one specific patch. I’ve just been enjoying trying to recreate sounds that I enjoy using my FA-07. I’m new to synthesizers so trying to replicate sounds is a good way for me to learn about sound design and programming. I have several lead sounds that I’ve been working on from scratch that I think are turning out well. Thanks for your input!
mikeroza

Post by mikeroza »

Orinoko wrote:Hi Xanadu1209
It is nice to see that somebody is alive here..

We are alive !!! :D V-synth is just amazing!

Please check my topic, i have problem with my V-Synth potentiometer . :P
maybe you can help me :)