Packaged driver for VariOS and OG V-Synth - Windows 10

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
howesnickhowes

Packaged driver for VariOS and OG V-Synth - Windows 10

Post by howesnickhowes »

Hi

I saw some older threads where users had hacked (via plugging in other devices) driver for their now, no longer supported Roland Kit. I have a VariOS and V-Synth, which right now are both connected to my PC via an ESI8MU, but I'd love to free up some ports on that and just USB link them. USB works fine on the V-synth for data transfer, but not MIDI, Likewise on the VariOS. Does anyone have a zipped up file that I can use to install a driver for both on Win10?

Am using the BCR2000 to edit and control the VariOS under Win10 mostly (the VariOS8 and TB editors I do also have working), and also curious if anyone ever developed a CTRLR or Edisyn editor for the V-Synth that could run as a VST (Former useful for realtime tweaks in DAW)

Thanks in advance for any files/pointers
vsyn7425

Re: Packaged driver for VariOS and OG V-Synth - Windows 10

Post by vsyn7425 »

Hi howesnickhowes. What version of the V-Synth do you have as you only describe it as "OG V-Synth" (what does OG mean?).

I can't really comment on getting the VariOS or V-Synth to work in Windows 10 however there is the following topic on getting the drivers working for a Fantom-X, so I imagine it will be similar:

http://www.forums.rolandclan.com/viewto ... =3&t=50840

Another alternative is perhaps trying to use a Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode. I created a driver for the VariOS for Windows 7 (which is posted on Roland Clan) and I think I've also created a working Windows 7 driver for the V-Synth.

Regarding an editor for the V-Synth I doubt there will ever be a full editor made for the V-Synth due to the enormous number of parameters it uses. Remember it has 12 zones per patch and that's before considering the multi-timbrality.

Seeing you have a V-Synth and a VariOS I would also recommend reading my article at:

http://www.forums.rolandclan.com/viewto ... 97#p318597

The article explains how the V-Synth can be seen as being a model maker for the VariOS-8. The VariOS-8 can even function as an analog drumkit (so zoning is possible). Inside the VariOS-8 is the heart of a V-Synth but the only problem is the VariOS-8 editor cannot be programmed to change a lot of parameters. However save a patch in the V-Synth and then transfer it to the VariOS allows all sorts of changes to the basic model including stuff leike TVA key tracking etc.

A last point is have you come across a one-way VST editor for the V-Synth XT. It can also be used as a standalone in SaviHost. See this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=45520&sid=e3a719f8 ... af9c6bde3b