So when and if do you think that a V-Synth 2 will come out?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Heathrow

v-synth 2

Post by Heathrow »

I would really be surprised if any variphrase type products are ever released again. It seems like these are for synth junkies only.My friend at guitar center told me that sales of v-synths and varios are quite small compared to other synths.But that is okay with me because the v-synth is a classic already. I used quite a few samplers in my time but none of them have given me the joy that this beast has. I also think that the 1500.00 price tag is worth it. I paid 1000.00 for an emu-esi-4000 in 1998. In 6 years time the advancement of sampling tech is remarkable. I believe that this is what sampling was meant to be. Not p-diddy sampling Grandmaster Flash for the fifth time. V-synth users will hopefully unearth sounds never before heard. From the posts I read I think you all are smart and are already thinking outside the box.

One thing I would like to see is that all of the vp-9000 sample libraries that they sold on zip disk, be converted to a smartmedia card series or a v-card type series.
Mr.XR

Re: So when and if do you think that a V-Synth 2 will come o

Post by Mr.XR »

its a common thing for roland to recycle technology until the r&d paid off.
RSS is a good example. The first product cost something around 40000 US and now you can find RSS in every sound canvas.
I bet that sooner or later the basic variphrase technology will show up in things like the VS recorders and probably in their workstation keyboards too.
About the VP library-have you ever heard it?
I did and i thought it was rather useless stuff.
endless variations on the word love or dance and the sax and trumpet stuff wasnt that exciting either.
i would prefer to see some new wavetable oriented stuff to crawl thru with the time machine.
but i seriously doubt that roland will release something like this.
maybe we should do it ourselves and post the results here at v-tribe.
How about it Artemio?
Do you have the serverspace?

best
Dr.Wu

the difference between theory and practise is that in theory there is no difference