new card

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
tarquin pedals

new card

Post by tarquin pedals »

a little birdie hinted that the next card will be a 303 emulator,i suppose just like the one in vari-os

trigger my beams baby
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: new card

Post by Artemiy »

So you make a bet? ;-)
tarquin pedals

Post by tarquin pedals »

lol not with u art, u wouldnt bet unless u were on to a winner

trigger my beams baby
venusbasstrap

Post by venusbasstrap »

looking forward to new cards....

something along the lines of JP-8080 would be nice:)
Mr.XR

Post by Mr.XR »

i really hope Roland will release a card with something totally new instead of recreating another classic.
after all their slogan is
we design the future
and not
we designed the past

best
Mr.XR

the difference between theory and practise is that in theory there is no difference
venusbasstrap

Post by venusbasstrap »

Agreed - for wanting something different! :)

The only reason I mentioned the JP8080 is because it has great synthesis potential for certain types of sounds (ask most trance producers!), that roland have never really followed up on...

The JP8000's never really stood up to much live use (build quality not quite good enough). The 8080 sounds better than the 8000, but unfortunately is scarce (I guess due to it's initial high price!)

The JP range produced harmonic content and frequencies other v/a synths can't match. I'd like to see something similar (with more advances of course) for the V-synth.
Mr.XR

Post by Mr.XR »

i do have a JP8080 in my studio and i agree that it is a fabulous synth especially for dance/trance.
Of course things like supersaw and feedback oscillator would make a nice addition to the V-Synth but i guess i rather like to have that as a part of the normal V-Synth instead of a fullblown emaulation on a card that eleminates all the variphrase stuff in the V-Synth.
Imagine combining variphrasesamples with feedbackoscillator and run the result through the TB Filter!
That must be a killer sound!

best
Mr.XR

the difference between theory and practise is that in theory there is no difference
venusbasstrap

Post by venusbasstrap »

yeah - i'd like to see those JP features in the standard V-synth too...

Supersaw/Feedback/Unison

Have a feeling that maybe Roland are holding back on some tastey synth features from the standard V-synth, because they have something killer lined up that would make us part with cash for a V-card!

Still, I can live in hope... 303/JP8080 combo - nice!
Heathrow

new cards

Post by Heathrow »

I think the last thing anyone needs is a another 303. I definitely would not buy that. But I would like to see a Waldorf microwave or ppg type card. Or an acoustic drums card would be nice.
Mr.XR

Post by Mr.XR »

dont hold your breath for roland to release a legacy product that mimics with a competitors product (even if the competitor is out of business).
I am sure they would never touch that.
Hopefully they gonna concentrate on something really new instead of duplicating something that has been there already.
The V-synth has so much potential.

And for the acoustic drum thing you got me puzzled.
What do you mean-a card that is optimized to deal with acoustic type drum loops?
Currently the V-Synth has a tendency to "destroy" the transient of drumsounds when you change the tempo of a loop and the fact that there is no midifile being generated when you use the eventmap mode is also not the best way to deal with acoustic loops but i guess all that could easily be adressed by another internal softwareupdate.

I would prefer to see something more sophisticated in terms of formant handling-like being able to superimpose the formant characteristics of one sample on an other so i can finally sound like christina aguilera
;-)
Thats a card i would buy in an instant!

best
Dr.Wu