D-50 character vs. V-synth character

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
DodgingRain

D-50 character vs. V-synth character

Post by DodgingRain »

Anyone have any idea what those parameters actually do? I find that most of the time it's almost impossible to tell that anything was changed sound-wise.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: D-50 character vs. V-synth character

Post by Artemiy »

Your subject line doesn't seem to be connected with the post itself. What are you trying to ask? About the reason of the difference of the VC-1 and V-Synth sound chacater? Or about modiying certain parameters of either? Please be more concrete.
DodgingRain

Post by DodgingRain »

There is a parameter in the VC-1 called Sound character. It has two settings, D-50 and V-Synth. I was wondering what the difference was if anyone knew, thus the title 'D-50 character vs. V-synth character'.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Oh, I got it.

Well, I do hear lots of difference between the sound. The "V-Synth" character makes all sounds smoother and a bit warmer. The "D-50" character is the original modeled sound of D-50, which is the one I prefer of course as it recreates that harshness and "beautiful imperfection" of the D-50's sound.
DodgingRain

Post by DodgingRain »

I was hoping someone knew more of what it was, such as differences in the DAC emulation, or filters, or osc's, etc.