V-synth is Crap!! (roland dont care, it doesnt work and here

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
TT Prince

Re: V-synth is Crap!! (roland dont care, it doesnt work and

Post by TT Prince »

"it seems that you dont understand the technology behind the v-synth. "

i under stand it completely and infact the veri phrase system used on the v-synt is exactly the same functionality
which i personaly programed the commador Amiga to do back in 1989 on a 7mhz cpu

so dont tell me i dont understand the tecnology
bloody hell i wrote the program before roland thought of it.

and YES! the sound DO! need to be in ram before they are played, but they do NOT! have to be in ram!! to be selected!
got it?

"of course its easier to have them all in ram while making sounds-whats your bloody problem?
it still leaves you with free ram for your own waves, doesnt it"

yeah!? minus the ram these sound are taking up just!!<- so they can be listed!!<- for selection

BTW Eclamations !!!! are for emphesis! not ANGER (im quite calm)
also im not the one geting personal.. with prases like (plonk! Hmm.. whos the one getting angry? now?)
ignore list?? im not posting to anyone in perticulure im responding to this forum with Emphasis!! included ;)

OK! Lets put a senario in place here....
you load your favorite project
it has sounds you like
this project also load all internal roms wavs too (taking up limit ram) and im not! using all of them in my project

now i come to creat a sound selecting from the now available list. and decide to resample it
OOps!! im out of memmory
Oh i know i will clean project (thats a good idea no?)
save patch
cleaned project
i can now resample yeah cool!!
save project

next day load same project
decide to make another sound
go looking for my list..
Guess what!??
I have no list!
why?
becasue i cleaned project remember?
now how do i get access to the list in the current project
I CANT!

THE END

RESULTS NOT EXCUSES
DodgingRain

Post by DodgingRain »

BTW: How do I use the ignore list?
Watermelon

Post by Watermelon »

TT Prince, I think understand your point. I think it is all about expressing oneself. One can missunderstand written messages easily, and using a words like "V-Synth is Crap" in the title of your very first message might not help getting forum readers understand a moderated position or an open state of mind ;-)

As I said, I understand your position. I think you may understand our positions as well, do you (I tend to agree with Mr. XR although he is a bit overheating lately ;-) ? V-Synth might not bet perfect, but nothing is wrong either. As Mr. XR said, V-Synth is one of the few (if not the only) synthesizer you can fully customize to your taste, even erasing the factory waveforms loaded at startup and replacing them by your very own (I like this ability so much). And I am glad that Roland did put a *backup* of these factory waveforms somewhere in ROM, in case I do ever want to recover the V-Synth to its original factory state. If they didn't provide such a backup, I would never have given a try erasing the factory waveforms, but now I did.

Peace 2 all, let's build a friendly forum and not use black lists ;-)
maarthel

Post by maarthel »

Although not as strong as TT Prince states, I agree that the saving stuff on the V-synth could be better.
I own a few synths. The favorite saving-wise was the Kurzweil K2000.
You could save a bank or single patch with it's dependant objects (samples, keymaps FX settings etc.) It was very easy to make sets of patches or backing up stuff and being sure you loaded all of it back.
I hope this is something that could be easily changed in the operating software of the V-Synth.

Programming/ sound wise it's the best!

Greetz,
Maarten
Amsterdam, the Netherlands

....still discovering V-power....