What's the use of new patches?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Hugo

What's the use of new patches?

Post by Hugo »

Isn't the whole idea behind the synth to create patches using you own samples?

I'm asking because I've seen people complaining about the existing sound-set and too few downloadable patches...
Watermelon

Re: What's the use of new patches?

Post by Watermelon »

You are totally right... The flexibility offered by V-Synth at PCM level is simply unique, and best illustrated using your own samples. It requires some knowledge though to understand how VariPhrase works (and the various event modes).

Just refer to http://www.v-tribe.info/documents/V-Synth-TNT.html for illustrations about unique applications (and trick no 6 in particular, because it is mine ;-).
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Some of the downloadable patches are even better than the preset ones. I liked the analogue collection a damn lot.

But, most of all I like the way I can create my own sounds of course. Just take Watermelon's suggestion - start with Tips'n'Tricks.
FatBoyJim

Post by FatBoyJim »

I think that free patches are great and for people that are in to learning how to program their own patches having a large amount of patches made from different people in different ways is a great way to learn how to program patches on your own.

You are the man, Artemio!
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Ok, cool.

btw: awesome tips'n'tricks page!
Mr.XR

Post by Mr.XR »

the only thing uncooler than using presets is not using them because they are presets!
Nothing wrong with having access to as many great patches as possible. They make great starting point for my own creations and helped me a lot to learn about the structure of the V-Synth.
Cant believe that somebody would complain about not enough free downloadable patches.
Roland offers around 400 free ones!

Dr.Wu

the difference between theory and practise is that in theory there is no difference