Never see V-Synth on TV.

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Synthia

Never see V-Synth on TV.

Post by Synthia »

I just wonder why we never see the great V-Synth on any music programs or on any live performances.I never seen it on TV,here in the UK.Who has seen a V-Synth on TV or DVD?

Music keeps me sane in an insane world
Synthia
TT Prince

Re: Never see V-Synth on TV.

Post by TT Prince »

probably because the v-synth is not a performer
its a production tool.

RESULTS NOT EXCUSES
tarquin pedals

Post by tarquin pedals »

its just coz i dont get a huge amount of tv gigs lol
now that i think about it synyhia u are right maybe coz ppl are still getting their heads round it.
i think in 10 years the v-synth will be the hot retro sensation.
(remember 96k sampling? lol)
i disagree with the it just being a studio tool though i reckon its an amazing performance instrument

trigger my beams baby
philicorda

v-synth

Post by philicorda »

Most telly gigs are miming. That why you take out that old dx7 or d-10 and leave the expensive stuff at home. :)))
Some places supply all the backline too, including drum kits that are almost totally silent (cymbals are really two cymbals with a rubber sandwich layer inbetween) and empty guitar cabs etc. Less stuff to take so the telly company does not have to pay for transporting the bands whole live rig, and easier for the props geezers to set up in advance so you are not being paid for waiting round all day while they fiddle with the cameras/lighting. (For bigger bands it's probably different, but I only get to do low budget shows!!)

For real live performance though the v-synth is great. It's ten times better for the audience to see you perform that kind of sound manipulation with your hands, rather than watching the back of some laptop display. Also, I have some patches to do sequency sounding stuff without having to have the whole band playing to a click.... the variphrase is great for that as you can tweak things into time with other live performers.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

...When I played the V-Synth at Ukrianian Music Fair this year, people stared at me with open jaws ;-) I agree - playing the keys with the left hand and tweaking TTP and D-beams with the left one looks quite impressive and very new to the crowd.
Synthia

Post by Synthia »

Artemio,please post your pictures.I can't wait to see them.I love watching live bands.I always check which keyboards they use.I hate when bands mime or use boring computers.V-Synth is a fantastic performance synth.I bet people were amazed to see Artemio performing.

Music keeps me sane in an insane world
Synthia
soundman

Post Subject

Post by soundman »

Hello,

Television and film are mediums primarily based on images that are not necessarily consistent with whats going on behind the visual.
Meaning, what you see is not what you always hear and what you hear is not always what you see.
An example of this is from the mid 1980's onward, the New
England Digital Synclavier, the Korg Wavestsation, and other synths were used on countless film scores and tv soundtracks,
yet you didn't really see then present in a visual manner.
And as philicorda stated, which I agree with, (music videos being a specific example) artists will at times sync to a prerecorded track and the gear you see on the set (and in the video) has nothing to do with what may have been used on the recording.

best regards,

LWG