v-synth book

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
tarquin pedals

v-synth book

Post by tarquin pedals »

has anybody read this i found it pretty good though roland dont seem to push it much.
it is a great compliment to the manual

trigger my beams baby
D70

Re: v-synth book

Post by D70 »

Yes it is pretty good. Roland could have popped it in the box as a freebie. The manuals themselfs are really good and a great improvement on the earlier Roland efforts.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I found the V-Synth book nice because it explained the COSM units very well. And I have the manual in Japanese anyway ;-)))

A.
The Sherriff

Post by The Sherriff »

Have to agree with you guys the V synth book really starts to explain a lot of things in simple language that most people can understand with examples to follow so you can hear the difference each control makes.

It would be helpful to everybody if the PDF was posted on the site tips for all to enjoy........ any chance Artemio???

PS. Happy new year to you all, I'll be away for a couple of weeks as I'm off on Hols to see some of my muso friends in the the Canaries.. see you soon
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Unfortunately, I was not able to get a PDF from Roland - they said the book is only for sale now... But maybe things will change one day. Or I will write my own V-Synth book ;-)

A.
tarquin pedals

Post by tarquin pedals »

ill look forward to that art :)

trigger my beams baby
grimleyj

Post by grimleyj »

Is this the same book that is available for download in the files section of the V-Synth Yahoo group?
-grimley
D70

Post by D70 »

Yes that's the one, of course the hard copy may have been updated?
D70

Post by D70 »

I think you will find that at one time the V-Synth book was freely distribute in Europe, but not in the US where you have to buy it. It is still of some use, but V2.0 is not covered.

Artemio is making a tweak book for the V-Synth as I understand it.

As for getting in trouble, you would have to do something bad first. Posting a link, is one thing, downloading something or posting something for others to download which is copyrighted is another matter.

If the moderator has a problem with any post they may remove it.

Now its time for a nice cup of tea.
FatBoyJim

THANKS!

Post by FatBoyJim »

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/prodbil ... manual.pdf

vsynth yahoo group

Post by tarquin pedals »

i didnt realise that it had the v book available for download
i started the group but when this site opened i didnt really do much to encourage it

trigger my beams baby
The Sherriff

Post by The Sherriff »

Whatever you do don't press that button cause you might find another thousand new toys to play with and you'll never make it back to the real world ( and that exciting desk job!!!!)

Too late................................................

cheers

the Sherriff
D70

Post by D70 »

Now I want to know if anybody has any guilt for downloading the Roland Book, which was written by one of our members ie Zorch?

Just wondering
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

> Not Really...Sorry Zorch, Just being honest!!

I personally have no problem with people downloading the pdf. I don't know Roland's policy on that kind of thing, though.

>Hey! What's this button for???

Press it and die ;-)
gregae

Post by gregae »

Somewhat in keeping with this topic:

One of the books I've been receommending to synth beginners is 'Power Tools for Synthesizer Programming" by Jim Aiken (former Keyboard Magazine contributor/editor). It was published last year, so it's very up to date, although principles of synthesis don't really change much. Comes with an audio CD of examples. Very nice, and a good addition to your library of keyboard-related books

So why mention it? Looking at the cover the other day, it finally dawned on me that the synth pictured on the cover is a V-Synth. Since only a small part of V-Synth is shown (a few knobs, part of the display, about an octave and a half of keys, and no Roland logo) it never really hit me until now. But cool that someone chose it for the cover!

A mindless and trivial fact for the forum!

Cheers!

Greg