excellent.

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
db

excellent.

Post by db »

The setup is now complete (for now) - I just added a vsynth to my live pa rig. I've been producing for quite some time and finally have the tools to perform a real live production set...

current setup: Motif ES6 w/mlan, Yamaha O1X, EMU Mp-7 Command Station, Vsynth, 2 Technics 1200xlmk2, Pioneer DJm600, Shure KSM44

I am so far quite impressed with my new unit. I am anxious to find out more about the vocal card.
nsheldon

Re: excellent.

Post by nsheldon »

Congrats db! I just got a V-Synth myself, though my setup isn't as complete as yours. The unit seems to be a very nice synth.

Regards,

Nathan Sheldon
http://www.nathansheldon.con/
gregae

Post by gregae »

If fundage permits, consider picking up a VC-1 card. It not only turns the V-Synth into a D-50, it allows you to load D-50 patches - so it adds to your sonic arsonnel without adding any more cartage.

D-50 sounds are plentiful on the web. Worth a look, and a little investment, IMO

Greg
db

Post by db »

i'm thinking the vocal designer is going to be a good card to get. looks pretty cool. I would like to check out the D50 card though. I wish the vsynth had two cardbus slots :|
nsheldon

Post by nsheldon »

I'll probably be getting both currently available V-Cards when funding permits. Thanks for the tip gregae.

Regards,

Nathan Sheldon
http://www.nathansheldon.con/
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

That's a nice setup, db! I'm also waiting for the V-Synth, and when I get it, I'm planning on going live with my motif es and the v-synth. I also have a rm1x and a cs6x, but don't think I'll have the patience to incorporate them into the setup ;)
Xenox.AFL

Post by Xenox.AFL »

oh, Cs6x, yeah, I like this little great machine, did a lot of sounds for that thingy.. Great machine...

Frank

----------
We have designed sounds for Waldorf, Yamaha,
Native Instruments and reFX, check it out at:
http://www.particular-sound.de
----------
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Yeah, the cs6x is a very nice synth, however it sucks multitimbrally (as do a lot of romplers, due to the lack of effects). My plan is, however, to sample off my sounds into the Emulator X. It should be able to do similar things as the V-Synth, regarding stretching of samples, and when doing some samples across the claviature, I should be able to get good results.

One of the very nice features of the Emulator X, is the automated sampling features, which will speed up the sampling process considerably.