Someone please help me with backing up patches and waves!

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
ideal

Someone please help me with backing up patches and waves!

Post by ideal »

I really need help. I bought my V-Synth from Sam Ash 2 years ago, but unfortunately they couldn't find the manual, so I really need some instruction here. I downloaded the librarian, but I am not to too sure on how it works. I have read the help file, but it doesn't seem to help me, maybe because I don't have the Roland manual.

So do I go into the V-Synth USB menu and download into the computer from there, or does the computer initiate the backup?

My main goal is to save the patches and corresponding waves with the project into my computer. I was also wondering, if when I finally get these saved, will I be able to load the old project (waves and patches) into the new 2.0 OS?
I have been reading all the posts and threads about this problem I am somewhat confused about it. Can't you theoreticaly save the old project samples and all, load the new OS, save the new 2.0 project in the computer, erase it from the V-synth, then re-load the old project with waves into 2.0. I would like to know if this is remotely possible before I destroy all my sounds.

Thank you to whoever can help me out here. I want to play with the new OS so bad, but I am really scared of losing my beloved sounds. I have spent so long on them.

Can't this crap ever be easy!?!

Ideal
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Someone please help me with backing up patches and waves

Post by Artemiy »

1. Connect the V-Synth to PC with a USB cable
2. Go to MODE -> USB -> Internal
3. Open the new V-Synth drive from your desktop
4. Copy the Internal.prj file to PC (this is the default internal project with waves and patches)

You can swap anything with anything this way.

A.
Mole

Post by Mole »

I did hear that it is not possible to use the v1.51 ROM waves when the v2.0 software is installed. I remember they said in the yahoo group (v-group) that it was impossible to play the 1.51 factory sounds based on the ROM waves. This is of course not true with user imported/sampled waves.
ideal

Post by ideal »

Thanks A you are a real help. I can't wait to try it.

Mole, I hope there is a way. Can someone confirm if you cannot do this, before I go out and buy the rackmount V-Synth!
ideal

Post by ideal »

Artemio,
Should I also name the project in the V-synth, because I noticed the help file in the librarian said something about not naming the project on the computer, or the Synth won't read it.

Thanks.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

If the name doesn't contain any special characters (only latin letters, numbers and spaces), it doesn't matter.

A.
Mole

Post by Mole »

I tried to reload the internal project of the 1.51 software wich I backed up before installing v2.0 software. IT WON'T WORK!!!

The reason for this is that version 2 uses different ROM waves. For some reason the 1.51 ROM waves are not saved in the project correctly or not read correctly in version 2 software. Any new light shed on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

I now think I know the following:
1.51 rom waves are not usable in version 2 software
RAM waves (that you resampled or imported) are usable!
I don't know if 1.51 patches are usable in version 2 software
Workaround for your old patches would be to reinstall 1.51 software (wich is possible).
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

1.x patches that use custom samples and analogue waves will load without any problem in OS 2.0. 1.x waves are simply not included in 2.0, that's why patches that use them won't work.

A.
darkenedsoul

Librarian usage...

Post by darkenedsoul »

Hi,

I saved off the internal.prj to my PC in a directory called v-synth. I can load it into the librarian where I see the patches and waves but I am unable to load anything at that point...what am I missing here. The docs seem rather weak with regards to the librarian. Any tutorials online here for the librarian? I loaded 2.0 and then reinstalled 1.51 via the softwar update/USB way. I'd like to save off some of the 1.51 sounds to re-load them to other banks/slots when I re-upgrade to 2.0. How can this be done? Really interested in the Tapeflute (great sounding flute!).

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.forlorn-souls.net
http://www.soundclick.com/darkenedsoulmusic.htm