Post by PauloF »

Hi Septimo,

Converting GT files into XT:

For the sake of the example, let's assume the Directory "GT_Artists.prj"

1- The GT file structure is composed by 3 sub-directories:
- Patch
- Tone
- Wave

2- Copy the Tone and Wave sub-directories into a fresh directory called: "GT2XT_Artists.prj"

3- Rename the "Tone" sub-Directory to "Patch"

3- Although the following step is not necessary, it is recommended to do it. At least we can see if the file loads ok.
- Using the V-Synth Librarian, load this new File (directory) - "GT2XT_Artists.prj", and just check is the "Patch" and "Wave" contents
Everything would be OK, but check if the Patch to Wave assignements are working. If they are, Save it, exit from librarian and go to the next step.

4- Using the XT's USB feature, load this new File "GT2XT_Artists.prj" into the XT (on the Card area, for example).

5- Go to Mode, Disk and Import the new Files. You should be up and running.

Note: Patches that were specially designed for the GT, exploring it's dual tone capabilities, could give strange artefacts, but the vast majority should be OK.

That's it !!! as simple as that.
Please try it and let me know

Take care,
PauloF

P.S: I've recently acquired an XT... and this is really an awesome machine !!!!
Septimo

Re: Vsynth Patches

Post by Septimo »

PauloF,

Thanks a bunch, man...

I'll try it latter today after i finish with the lawn and the rest of the Saturday chores...(took a break) I will let you know the results.. again, I appreciate you taking time to let me know..

Septimo
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

That's why the Forum exists man !!

take care
PauloF
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Hey Paulo..

I got then in there.. I did what you said, but I had to import each of them one by one because there was a bunch of them that the XT wouldn't load. Why??? After that I had to save it, and I had to get rid of some loaded corrupted patches to do so cus it gave me problems saving as well.. But I finally got them in there...

Also I noticed that in the librarian, in the **wave** window there was some waves that had a red arrow pointing at them... Why is that, if you know.. I never used that librarian til now, and i've had the XT since it came out.. :P

Thanks again....:)
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Oh, and about these Curcuitcity patches... I could only get one to work... The first one.. "Girly" the rest won't load cus they have .d00 files instead of the .p00... I even tried cheating and renaming them to .p00 and the XT looked at me and laughed, and said, "you tryin to be slick, aint you?" ;-)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Hi Septimo,
That's right, some of the patches won't load, and you have to get rid of those. The only way to do that, is exactly the one you have used, loading each file at a time and hoping for Xt to load them without errors.
In fact I've loaded them 10 at a time, or 5 at a time, so I could save some time at the end.

About the GT patches:
You have to forget about the PATCH directory and delete it. Then rename the TONE directory to PATCH and have it a go.

The red arrow in the Librarian is to indicate which Patches are related to which waves.

I hope this helps
Take care
PauloF
Dimitry

Post by Dimitry »

It is working, 95% patches have been converted to XT format.

Although GT Artist patches did not impress me yet.

PauloF, we appreciate your tips very much.
Murdock

I need new patches for my V-Synth !

Post by Murdock »

Hello guys, I'm Rodrigo,

I have a V-Synth/vc-1, I need new .prj for my Roland V-Synth please !
I tried to download the TCS.prj.zip , but the link does not work...
My email is: locomurdok2000@gmail.com

Thank you very much for help me !