Original V-synth is Multitimbral right?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Nord72

Re: Original V-synth is Multitimbral right?

Post by Nord72 »

There are direct outs (6,3 mm balanced jacks) so You can bypass the MFX anytime.
And everything depends on the complexity of the patches (eating more and more polyphonies)....but if You using the classic ping-pong technique You can use just a few parts at a time (for.ex with a hard disc rec. system ).
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

@Joe-Trojan,
How would a V-Synth go with two patches running, one using the FX through the main outputs, the other patch running out the second stereo pair with no fx applied? is this possible at all?

That would be perfectly possible on both the V-Synth (2.0) and the V-Synth XT.

Let's assume that you want to use two patches together (Part1 and Part 4)
1- Go to MODE, SYSTEM, Part MIDI, and enable Part4
2- You can opt for leaving Part 4 controlled by Rx Channel 4 (default) or assign it to any other MIDI Channel (including 1), but hat wil depend on which MIDI keyboard you have to control the whole V-Synth (In my particular case I'm using a MIDI controller with two simultaneous channels so I can choose which one I wand to use for each patch)
3- Go to the Patch you want to use on part 1 (Example: 510: PauloFArp01)
4- Edit Effects. and in ROUTING choose OUTPUT ASSIGN to MAIN
5- Go to MENU and do a PATCH WRITE (if you changed anything)
6- From the Patch Screen Go to MENU, INFO and assign Patch 411 to Part 4

Now you have:
- Patch 510: PauloFArp01 on Part 1 - MIDI channel 1
- Patch 411: Sanctuary on Part 4 - MIDI channel 4 (see Point 2)

Connect both MAIN and DIR Outputs to your Mixer/Amplifier system, and Enjoy
2:43AM

Post by 2:43AM »

TheMvuser wrote: I would just put in a basic well set up compressor, personally and switch OFF the Reverb & Chorus.
What is considered a well-setup compressor on the V-Synth? Without a gain reduction meter, or a means of receiving some sort of visual feedback with the various incoming signals (since patches vary, there is no way of telling how "hot a signal is," and that my ears always seem to deceive me with compression), how can I determine what I need? It just doesn't seem as straight forward as setting up a compressor on a drum bus or master bus.

If going with a basic, master-bus type compression, I would opt for about 10ms attack and about 100ms release at 2:1 ratio. Gain I'd keep around 0dB or maybe +3dB for a slight boost.

Any recommendations for what works for most situations?