How to change the LCD and touch pannel of a V synth XT

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
fzero

How to change the LCD and touch pannel of a V synth XT

Post by fzero »

Hi everybody.
My daughter breack the screenshot of my V synth XT.
Do you know if it's possible to change it along the front of, without being obliged to open everything ?

Have you got an ideo of the price of this screenshot ?
thanks a lot, and sorry for my english ;)

PaT
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: How to change the LCD and touch pannel of a V synth XT

Post by Artemiy »

Do you mean she broke the display? If so, a new one will cost about $150 I think but you need to phone your nearest servie center to find out.

However, if the LCD is fine but just won't turn on, wait for a few minutes, the backlight delay is a known but not critical issue.
fzero

Post by fzero »

I show you some pictures :
Thank you for your help ;)

fzero

Post by fzero »

So I think I will be obliged to change it.
It's not a good start for the first day with it ....
I am very happy to find this forum !
I 'll go to repaire it in few day , I ll say you .
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Hi fzero,
Yes, the TFT display seems to be broken. What did she do to the display ????

Just curious...
1- When booting it shows the same problem ?

2- when you boot the XT on VC-1(D-50) or VC-2 (Vocoder) modes, it shows a similar problem ??
fzero

Post by fzero »

Yes when I start the v Synth , the display has the same problem.
I changed the mode and It's the same thing ...
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

I thought so, just checking.
Unfortunately, you really have to have it serviced...
Bad luck

Salutations,
PauloF
fzero

Post by fzero »

Hi I received today the cost to repaire my roland V Synth XT, and it's AMAZING : 450€ to spare part + 150€ to change it ...

Don't break your screenshot , it's more expansive than gold !
Nord72

Post by Nord72 »

Uhh its damn expensive, I ve been bought my V-synth for 750€...
Anyway the V-synth's TTF pad also a sensitive part, I have some scratches on yet.
fzero

Post by fzero »

Hello every body, do you know where I can order a new sreenshot in USA ?
It's amazing, impossible to find a new one in Europe !!!
I need to find a contact .
thank for your help ;)
PaT
fzero

Post by fzero »

So, if someone wants to change his LCD or touch pannel, it's very easy .
30 minutes to change it .

LCD reference is : KCG057QV1DB - G00 - 52 - 24 - 6
It's the same LCD for V Synth, v Synth GT, roland G 70, roland E 80 ...

You can order here :
http://www.yj-lcd.com.cn/
Sally (Sales Manager)
SHEN ZHEN Y&J ELECTRONIC CO LTD
TEL:86-755-83752964 Fax:86-755-83789095 Mobile:15012852447
Email: yj_lcd@163.com
Email: sally@yj-lcd.com.cn
MSN: lcdbusiness@live.cn
www.yj-lcd.com.cn

Price is 180 USD delivey in 2 days ...
You nedd to unstick the touch panel of the older LCD .

If you break the touch panel, you can find it , it's only Roland touch panel ...
And the price in Europe is amazing !!!!

PaT
halo7

How to replace the LCD Touch Panel on V-synth GT

Post by halo7 »

Hello fzero,

I know this post is 15 months old but I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for the information you put on this post concerning the V-synth LCD and Touch Panel. I was having touch sensitivity problems with just the Touch Panel, not the actual LCD of my V-synth GT. I called Roland USA and they said they couldn't sell me just the Touch Panel. They told me I had to buy The whole LCD assembly which included the Touch Panel. When I asked them how much for the whole LCD, they told me $599.00 for the whole LCD Panel plus extra to install it. I kindly said thank you and started searching the Roland Clan for solutions then I came across your post. I know from your post that your situation was different from the pictures you posted, you needed a new LCD, my case was that I needed just the Touch Panel.

I did some more research and went on ebay and came across a website based on China. I typed on the ebay search "5.7 inch Touch Screen Digitizer panel" and made sure it was a 4-wire pin. I found a 5.7" Touch Panel for $36.99 + $6.00 for shipping by registered mail from China. $42.99 total. The ebay Seller User ID is goodsupply0889. They are based in China and have (6112) transactions and 99.6% Positive Feedback and accept paypal which is how I paid. When I used the buy it now to buy the 5.7" Touch Panel, I hit the request total invoice for the total. When I paid goodsupply0889 for the total through paypal I had to sign into my ebay account twice, weired but the paypal payment went through. I bought the Touch Panel from goodsupply0889 on 5/31/11 and received the Touch Panel today. Installed it into my V-synth GT and it works.

Please note the $42.99 I paid is just for the Touch Panel not the whole LCD assembly from goodsupply0889 on ebay. In any case I want to thank fzero for taking another approach other than Roland for coming up with a solution. This was all possible because of "Artemiy" of course for bringing this forum into existence and because of members like you fzero who took the time to detail all the information you did to make it possible for people like me to do some research to find a solution, because I was up against a rock and a hard place but with a little help and some research my cost was only $42.99 to get back the Touch Sensitivity of my V-synth GT :)

Picture below of Touch Panel with 4-wire pin from goodsupply0889 on ebay. Now changing or replacing the Touch Panel of the V-synth GT does take about an hour. After removing the back cover of the V-synth GT I had to remove one board which contained the (USB and Digital and Optical input and ouputs) This is the only board that is in the way of getting to the LCD display mount. When removing this board disconnect the power cable on the left hand side of this board, it's white with black and red wires. You need to disconnect this cable so that when you remove the screws from the rear of the unit of this board you can easily and gently place this board on its side at the right hand side of the unit without having to disconnect it completely. There are white connectors and very thin ribbon cables etc.. that has to be disconnected along with the screws so you can have access to the LCD Mount. As you do this Take close up pictures or draw a diagram if you can of each step so you can remember where everything was at and what it looked like.

As you start to unscrew and disconnect all the ribbon cables and connectors from the LCD mount remember that one ribbon cable the 4-wire pin one (pictured) and one wider white ribbon cable had to be disconnected by ("FIRST") "releasing a clip open with your thumb and finger to remove these cables "DO NOT YANK OR PULL ON THESE DELICATE RIBBON CABLES WITHOUT FIRST RELEASING THE CLIP OPEN OR YOU WILL BREAK OR STRIP THESE CABLES AND REALLY BE IN TROUBLE" The whole proccess takes time and patience, you do not want to rush through things and break anything. Even if it takes all day to replace your LCD Panel remember, take your time and have everything organized and ready for easy access. Plan ahead and do not jump into anything. Anyway, this is just a starting point for anyone willing to replace their LCD Touch Panel or Replace their Whole LCD Panel for their V-synth GT on their own. I hope this helps a little as a starting point. GOD BLESS.

Thank You Again fzero

Michael
Attachments
touch screen.jpg
touch screen.jpg (77.88 KiB) Viewed 11621 times
steviox

Post by steviox »

Great post... just great that people can help and work together in this way.
Steve
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

steviox wrote:Great post... just great that people can help and work together in this way.
Steve
In fact it is Steve. This is what the RolanClan Forums are all about!!
halo7

Post by halo7 »

I agree, we are all here to help each other, not fight. We are Roland clan. It's us against the world hee.hee.hee..