New Videos From Jim Stout

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Jim Stout

Re: New Videos From Jim Stout

Post by Jim Stout »

Thanks guys.

I won't be doing anything for Fantom. It's a great keyboard but I really have always been about the V-Synth. I think it's misunderstood and it was poorly marketed. Every time I show some of the capabilities people start looking at them on ebay. :-) Roland doesn't pay me, I do these videos because I love the V and also to promote stoutsound.com I will be doing more custom sound set and producing some more fun videos this week. But I still have to pay the power bill to keep the V-Synth ON. :-)
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

I think it says a lot for the V-Synth GT as an instrument that Jim is so hyped about it even after working over at Open Labs!

It is a true "Instument"

Go Jim!
some1

Post by some1 »

"Jabberwocky: Can somebody borrow Jim a FantomG please ;-). "

+1 :)
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

Hey Jim!

Awesome videos, man, the V-Synth is just cool! I really don’t understand why more effort was not put into showing this kind of stuff. People don’t just want to see videos of the new and revolutionary V-synth making a lot of strange, disorganized synth noises. They want to see it and hear it do what the rest of their gear can not. Otherwise, what’s the point?

This thing is just an amazingly insane power house and I think that your videos will help a lot more people find out why. I really hope Roland keeps making the V-synth line.

And I can tell that you are really into the V-synth, you could barely hold in the excitement…lol…that’s when you know a piece of gear inspires you…good stuff!

Hey, congratulations on the new move!! Sometimes, what we think is a bad ending is really just a rough beginning. All the best!

Thanks for the great videos, looks like you made front page news, well deserved and cool of the Roland Clan staff as well!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I think it was a huge mistake on Roland management's part that 90% of V-Synth's potential was not presented to the public in a proper way. People thought of it as a simple VA with some sampling features, and the V-Synth line would have been way, way more successful if Roland invested some time into making tutorials like Jim did.
Jim Stout

Post by Jim Stout »

Thanks for the Love Artemiy! The V-Synth is just cool. I always said that the V-Synth will not become popular until Roland Stops making it.
Splat

Post by Splat »

But....but, I don't want her to be popular : (

She's special this way. She's my mystical precious! :*
DaMonkster

Post by DaMonkster »

Once again, nice and entertaining tutorials Mr Stout. Cant wait for the next ones to come :)

Grts
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Wonderful stuff Mr. Stout! As usual, your unusual kindness in doing all of these gratis shows a remarkable flair for helping others understand the mighty V. Are you still in Austin? I didn't even know you were doing work for OL, but glad you are back to "doing what you do best!"

I second the emotion of how fantastic the V-Synth is and am glad that you still have such a love for it. If it weren't enough that the V-Synth is a such great synthesizer and can make sounds like a flamethrower (I remember the video!), the A-PS simply puts it over the top! In the hands of a master, I could close my eyes and swear that a real violin, horn, erhu or flute was being played. It is hard to believe the sounds that can come out of the V-GT sometimes.

The piano patches were nice but my wishlist would include building some tasty lead guitar sounds like the one used by Nishiwaki on YouTube (with the Wah sound on the Time Trip) and the one the guy is using to do the "Beat It" solo. I still love the "RU Experienced" patch with the D-Beam effect but need to start varying the palette a bit!

Thanks again Jim for your talent in making these remarkable V-ideos!
Jim Stout

Post by Jim Stout »

Thanks for all the kind words! I really enjoy making these videos and It's so much better when you guys like them and learn something from them.
I just don't want the V-synth to fade away just because it's digital.

Here's my latest!!!

The Roland D-50 vs Roland VC-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWokQ7Ch-mw
wudsiba

Post by wudsiba »

I'm a long time Roland fan, and I've always liked your videos. I was surprised to see you on OL videos. I'm glad your doing your own thing now. I use the Fantom X, but I have always wanted an original V synth. The elastic audio seems like it would be incredable to mess around with. These videos make me want to get one now more than ever. I know you don't have any plans to design sounds for the Fantom specifically, but have you thought about sample sets? Something in the vien of global WAV files that could work on any sampler? Just a thought. Good luck with your new company, and thanks for the videos... Man I want to play with variphrase... and the time trip pad. I'm one of the people who will be looking on ebay. Again. Peace.
turfer

Post by turfer »

Wow,love these videos,keep up the good work,schweet!
Stue007

Post by Stue007 »

Very nice videos, Jim! The comparison between the V-Synth D-50 mode and the original D-50 is awesome. I own a V-Synth XT and had in former days an original D-50 myself. Beautiful possibilities that are given with the V-Synth and the D-50 mode, specially using the V-Synth knobs for programming or sound tweaking in the D-50 mode is pure fun! The V-Synth D-50 sound is very close to the D-50, I would call it almost the same - of cause sounding a little bit crisper/cleaner because of the more quality D/A-power and some of the new effects you can use with it.

Keep on showing even more how-to-videos on the V-Synth - I always learn more new things when watching your lovely made videos.

Greetings from Germany

Stue
Stue007

Post by Stue007 »

Very nice videos, Jim! The comparison between the V-Synth D-50 mode and the original D-50 is awesome. I own a V-Synth XT and had in former days an original D-50 myself. Beautiful possibilities that are given with the V-Synth and the D-50 mode, specially using the V-Synth knobs for programming or sound tweaking in the D-50 mode is pure fun! The V-Synth D-50 sound is very close to the D-50, I would call it almost the same - of cause sounding a little bit crisper/cleaner because of the more quality D/A-power and some of the new effects you can use with it.

Keep on showing even more how-to-videos on the V-Synth - I always learn more new things when watching your lovely made videos.

Greetings from Germany

Stue