Keybed on V-Synth GT

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Monib

Keybed on V-Synth GT

Post by Monib »

Hi, does someone know the Keybed on the V-Synth GT? Why is it so hard to get aftertouch to trigger?

Monib
cello

Re: Keybed on V-Synth GT

Post by cello »

Haven't heard of similar issues. I have the GTv2 and aftertouch triggers sweetly.

Have no idea if they're the same keybed or not however. Maybe someone knows and can illuminate.
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

I've noticed that as well but since I use the OASYS to play the sounds when I'm constructing tunes just never got around to looking into it. Using the OASYS keyboard as the controller for the GT gets the AT mod almost too easily...I have to turn down the sensitivity or turn it off, especially on some of the AP-S sounds.

I'll mess around with it this evening if I get time to see if it is in the AT sensitivity setting somewhere.
Monib

Post by Monib »

I have to really push to get the AT to trigger. Hmm, maybe I'll check it with my other Synths....
Monib

Post by Monib »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:I've noticed that as well but since I use the OASYS to play the sounds when I'm constructing tunes just never got around to looking into it. Using the OASYS keyboard as the controller for the GT gets the AT mod almost too easily...I have to turn down the sensitivity or turn it off, especially on some of the AP-S sounds.

I'll mess around with it this evening if I get time to see if it is in the AT sensitivity setting somewhere.
Any luck?
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

I was able to get it to more readily trigger by changing the AT sensitivity from 100 which is probably default to a setting of 200. Still have to press kind of hard but at least it works.
Monib

Post by Monib »

Yeah it worked (when I had my GT)... Just not expressively.. Thanks Soundworld!
gregwar

Post by gregwar »

ya I noticed the a.t was stiff on my v-synth gt too. apparently that's how Roland keyboards are these days. my only other Roland with 'synth action' was a Juno 106 and I don't even think it had velocity or anything
electrow

Post by electrow »

I've noticed on the GT I bought a few weeks ago I can't get afterthought to function at all. Has anyone else had their keyboard action deteriorate to where AT won't work at all?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

electrow wrote:I've noticed on the GT I bought a few weeks ago I can't get afterthought to function at all. Has anyone else had their keyboard action deteriorate to where AT won't work at all?
Sorry to ask a basic question but Are you sure you have aftertouch enabled and assigned to noticeable patch parameters on your GT?
electrow

Post by electrow »

PauloF wrote:
electrow wrote:I've noticed on the GT I bought a few weeks ago I can't get afterthought to function at all. Has anyone else had their keyboard action deteriorate to where AT won't work at all?
Sorry to ask a basic question but Are you sure you have aftertouch enabled and assigned to noticeable patch parameters on your GT?
I have it on, sensitive set to 200 and I'm running it through Cubase 7.5 playing the Integra. I also use the A88. Setting the Ibeam on it to AT the Integra responses correctly. So I'm assuming the GT is not sending AT. All output midi settings are set to send.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

electrow wrote:
PauloF wrote:
I have it on, sensitive set to 200 and I'm running it through Cubase 7.5 playing the Integra. I also use the A88. Setting the Ibeam on it to AT the Integra responses correctly. So I'm assuming the GT is not sending AT. All output midi settings are set to send.

Yes it seems an hardware malfunction...

Maybe some GT owners can give you a Tip on a simple experiment that you can do in order for to know exactly what the problem is.

Did you try driving the GT from the A88 to see if it responds to after touch at all?
If it does (and most probably would ), that indicates a potential keybed after touch bar issue