V-GT - Crossfade Between Tones?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
daX6fantom

V-GT - Crossfade Between Tones?

Post by daX6fantom »

Anyone have any ideas on how to crossfade between upper and lower tones using eg. the Mod lever? I'd like to achieve a sort of morphing effect.

I couldn't find any mod destinations in the matrix controls that seemed to be able to do this.

Thanks all!
cello

Re: V-GT - Crossfade Between Tones?

Post by cello »

What an interesting thought! I'm about 5,800 miles away from my V at just now (!) so can't help at the moment... But will have a look when I can.

Sounds like the way the expression pedal works on the JP-80 (changing balance and qualities between sounds).
daX6fantom

Post by daX6fantom »

Yes, cool that you're on the case, cello. To be honest, I was actually very surprised that I couldn't find any easy way to do this. Seems crazy that you can't set Tone Level as a destination. You'd think it'd be such a common thing that there could even be a dedicated knob for it!

Actually there is TVA-LVL as a destination, I wonder if that would do the same thing? I just tried it, setting the control knob1 to +63 on TVA-LVL on one Tone and -63 on the other. One Tone was fading but the other didn't seem to be affected? I'll have to keep investigating.
daX6fantom

Post by daX6fantom »

OK I think I worked it out.

On one tone, you set the TVA Level to 63, then in it's Matrix Control, set Knob1 to make TVA-LVL to -63.
On the other, set the TVA Level to 0, then in it's Matrix Control, set Knob1 to make TVA-LVL to +63.

I'm still thinking about how to adjust the crossfade level, to smoothly blend between the tones. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, I'm all ears.

A bit of a hassle to set up, especially if you're trying to audition different tones to crossfade between, but it works. Wish there was an easy way to just enable crossfading on any patch. The V-Synth GT rocks! It seems that you can really simulate just about anything, so long as you can be bothered to take the time to set it up.