V-synth XT and Windows 8

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Gloomer2

V-synth XT and Windows 8

Post by Gloomer2 »

Hey people,

I just installed Windows 8, but I don't find any drivers for my V-synth XT.

What should I do ?

Thanks in advance !
Gloomer2

Re: V-synth XT and Windows 8

Post by Gloomer2 »

people, this is very urgent. Could you please help me out ?!
Iceman777

Post by Iceman777 »

Hello! :)

I could only find the Windows 8 drivers for V-Synth GT model, but I keep looking to see if I can find the same drivers for XT rack model. I'll keep you informed if I find anything and will update the thread. The link for the GT drivers is: http://www.roland.com/support/article/? ... SYNTH%2FGT

Maybe you could try to install the original driver from Windows 7 version? Sometimes it just works unless there is a specific digital signature that would prevent the driver from installation. I am not sure if Roland will update the driver for the latest OS available for the out of production model, but you can always give the older driver a try to see if it works just for the sake of it.

Also if all else fails, you can try to install the drivers for Windows Vista. According to my experience with the code, the drivers that were written for Vista usually work with Windows 8. Just give it a try and see. I hope it helps a little bit because I know several people who had luck installing Vista drivers for Roland products for Windows 8 platform. The link is: http://www.roland.com/support/article/i ... V-SYNTH/XT

I hope I could be of some help!

Take a good care and God bless you!

- Denis
Gloomer2

Post by Gloomer2 »

God bless YOU, Denis :-)

No, the windows 7 driver is not working for my V-synth.
I've downloaded the GT-driver and the XT vista-driver.

I'm home tomorrow, so I will see what I can do.

I'll get back to you.

Thanks mate !
Gloomer2

Post by Gloomer2 »

Hey Denis, and other Roland users,

I installed the GT-driver for my V-synth XT and it didn't work.
I installed the XT driver for win7 and it didn't work neither.

So, I'm very confused now. Roland pushes me to sell my V-synth XT !!!

What should I do ?
Iceman777

Post by Iceman777 »

Hello again! :)

No, the driver which is supposed to be a bit different is the driver for Windows Vista, not the XP driver since Vista drivers are supposed to be "not-chained" to the versions and restrictions which prevent Windows 7 drivers from installation in Windows 8 platform. Try to see if it works with Vista driver and let me know if it works.

http://www.roland.com/support/article/i ... V-SYNTH/XT

If it shall fail, another idea could be to contact support desk in Roland Japan which is helpdesk@roland.co.jp
They are usually working only with the customers from Japan, but giving the importance of the inquiry, they may reply. I shall try to contact them too. Also the contacts in US may be of some help even though XT model is discontinued, but the drivers update should still be the priority for them. But for now, try Windows Vista. Let me know how it goes!

Take care!

Denis
Gloomer2

Post by Gloomer2 »

Thanks Danis mate, I've send them an e-mail.. and I will try to install this Vista driver tomorrow.. I'll get back to you soon. Take good care too !! ;-)
Gloomer2

Post by Gloomer2 »

ow man, I get really frustrated and hopeless..

I installed every driver possible, but my system says that Windows8 does NOT support it.

So, what can I do next ?

I'm still waiting for that reply from Japan..

Grrr..
Iceman777

Post by Iceman777 »

Hey, Gloomer!

I am still waiting for the reply from Japan myself and will keep you informed as soon as I hear back from them or any other source. While we are waiting, here is what I would propose you to do:

Right-click Setup for the driver of Windows 7 64-bit, then click "Properties", Click "Change settings for all users", Click the "Compatibility" tab, Check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for":. Using the drop-down menu select Windows 7. Click Apply, then click OK. Click OK again.

I hope that this will do the trick. There is also a way of modding the INF file for the driver, but since I don't have the Windows 8 installed anywhere, I cannot be sure that it will work. For now, try to run the driver in the compatibility mode and maybe it will work?

Just for the information: here is my email address: dchernov551 at yandex.ua (just remove at with @) So we can keep in touch and see how it goes.

Take a good care and God bless you!

Denis

Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/iceman777
Gloomer2

Post by Gloomer2 »

Hey Denis, I just got mail from Japan :

"This is Roland Helpdesk Japan.
Thank you for your inquiry about V-Synth XT.

We are sorry to say, we only support our Japanese domestic
customers. 
So, if you have any questions, please contact support in
your area.

Roland Corporation -Worldwide-
http://www.roland.com/

We apologize that we fell short of your expectation.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Roland Helpdesk Japan"

So, they have provided me with a support mailform from my country, Belgium. And I've send them a mail. They assure they'll get back at me in 24 hours, so I keep you updated.

Thanks man !!
Iceman777

Post by Iceman777 »

Hey, Gloomer! :) U bent van harte welkom, mijn vriend! :)

It's great that Roland Japan finally replied and that they provided you with the support mail form for Belgium. I hope that they will get back to you soon and will offer you all the necessary help!

Have you tried to install the drivers in "compatibility mode" as written in my post above? I am not sure if it will help, but there is always a chance. :)

And thank you for amazing music at Soundcloud! You write very moving and emotional music that touched me deeply! Thank you for sharing these gems with the world! Dank je :)

Take a good care, stay safe and God bless!

Denis
Gloomer2

Post by Gloomer2 »

Hey Denis, glad you liked my music man !! That's great, I love your music too.. very well done !!
So, are you from Belgium, because you speak Dutch ? ;p

I received a mail from Roland Support Belgium.

There is yet no Windows8 update available.. they will inquire with Roland Japan. Meanwhile they told me to buy this apparatus : http://www.rolandce.com/be/nl/producten ... ing/ua-22/

The Roland Duo-capture UA-22 :-( Which costs 150 euro)

I will not buy that. In stead, I'll be waiting untill the driver comes out.

So, that's a big bummer.

Thanks again man !!