Help please. vsynth cutting out

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
angielackner

Help please. vsynth cutting out

Post by angielackner »

Help please. I was at rehearsal tonight, playing our church's v-synth GT (upgraded to 2.0), and while playing it, the sound would randomly cut out. I don't mean a cord problem, but it seems internal. The equalizer on the screen wouldn't even go when it cut out. (sorry if thats the wrong term...i am not technical-minded...i am an oboeist disguised as a synth player) It did this on a few different sounds i had stored in my bank...both presets and ones i had created. there seemed to be no rhyme or reason for this, and of course we have a huge performance sunday, and our yamaha just doesnt have the sounds necessary for some of our songs.

any advice you could give would be helpful and appreciated.

thanks so much,
angie
stefan

Re: Help please. vsynth cutting out

Post by stefan »

Hi Angie,
I am not a GT user, only a Vsynth but maybe you should try a few things out:

Do the outputs go to a mixer desk? Have you tried using a different set of connecting leads? Maybe connect to different channels on the mixer. Are you sure it is not the mixer/amp - have you other equipment you could test to see whether you still get the cutting out? Try connecting headphones to the GT headphone socket [if it has one - I dunno]. If it still has the problem over the headphones then it is internal and there will be no quick fix.
It really is a case of trying to eliminate possibilities one by one in a systematic manner - going backwards from amp to mixer to synth.
Hope that helps,
Stefan
synthman

Re: Help please. vsynth cutting out

Post by synthman »

Hi Angie. A couple of things you could try...Have you tried using the direct out instead of the main ones?. Any differance?. Also, It could be dodgy jack sockets, have you tried wiggling the plugs around in the sockets whilst holding down a key if you get cracking or intermittent sounds then ether the sockets are dirty (twisting the plug in the sockets should clear this up) or they have dry joints in the output board. Hth.