ROLAND ANNOUNCES NEW V-SYNTH GT PATCH DOWNLOAD (2008)

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
hstudio

ROLAND ANNOUNCES NEW V-SYNTH GT PATCH DOWNLOAD (2008)

Post by hstudio »

The roland announced these vsynth gt free patches in October 2008, today the download link is not longer available.
Anyone have this vsynth gt patches or bank??

Original Link

http://www.rolandus.com/company/press_r ... rticle/317
SoundworldA.D.

Re: ROLAND ANNOUNCES NEW V-SYNTH GT PATCH DOWNLOAD (2008)

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

I'm surprised that these are no longer available. Yes I have the GT Analog Project comprised of 458 patches and 459 tones at a total zipped size of 2.75MB.

You can PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them to you. Since the link is no longer available, we also need to see if cello can add them to the Roland Repository of Sound. You will find loads of other free patches for the V-Synth from a variety of sources there. Follow this link:

http://www.jp-80.com/index.html

Enjoy!
cello

Post by cello »

That's great you have those sounds SoundworldA.D.!

More than happy to add these sounds to the Repository - perhaps you could me in on email.

Great that we can keep these sounds 'out there' :)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

cello wrote:That's great you have those sounds SoundworldA.D.!

More than happy to add these sounds to the Repository - perhaps you could me in on email.

Great that we can keep these sounds 'out there' :)
;-)
synthman

Post by synthman »

Hmmm. Will these work on the V synth v2?
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

These were designed specifically for the GT, so if they use both Upper and Lower tones they would not sound the same on a V or V-XT.

However, our resident V expert Paulo has been to the mountain top. He has successfully converted GT patches (albeit with only the single tone architecture) to work on his XT so don't lose hope. We will wait for the aforementioned Mr. (last name deleted by Roland Secret Agent) to chime in with some V wisdom and once cello gets these ported over to the Repository you could duly find yourself in Analog Land!

With classics like VangelSwell, Stingbuzzer, Do not feed!, Ring Hollow, Rock the V, Zero Gravity, Fantasma, Pad Boone, 6 different JP6 Arp's and one of my fave's MOON5GTR along with 443 others, you can't go wrong!
synthman

Post by synthman »

With classics like VangelSwell, Stingbuzzer, Do not feed!, Ring Hollow, Rock the V, Zero Gravity, Fantasma, Pad Boone, 6 different JP6 Arp's and one of my fave's MOON5GTR along with 443 others, you can't go wrong![/quote]

Ok.is there a polymoog vox humana patch in that lot by any chance? :-)
cello

Post by cello »

Thanks for sending me the Analog Project, SoundworldA.D!

The .prj is now available to download from the Repository - http://www.jp-80.com - Click on V-Synth GTv2, then 'Others tab' and scroll down to the bottom, click on download and they're yours!

There are now 5,270 sounds available for the V-Synth GTv2 at the Repository - splendid :)
Iceman777

Post by Iceman777 »

Well done! :) I wanted to ask if anyone was able to get in touch with the author of these fantastic patches? Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIq716_A330
synthman

Post by synthman »

Iceman777 wrote:Well done! :) I wanted to ask if anyone was able to get in touch with the author of these fantastic patches? Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIq716_A330
Hmm this is strange I have these for my v synth v2. They were programed on (for) the v synth v2. Infact, update 1c of the "analog legands project for roland v synth" was only finshed this month (January) Are you sure you've got the correct you tube link?
cello

Post by cello »

I have these patches... they're excellent :) Don't know if I can distribute them though through the Repository. Will try and check and get back to you.
Iceman777

Post by Iceman777 »

Hmm... And where did you get these particular patches for your V-Synth V2? Were they available in here or did you get them officially? And where did you download the 1c update? In the Youtube link that I posted the guy from Belgium says that he made these patches from the already available waveforms, so he did the "tweaking" part on his V-Synth. To quote him:
---------------------------
About this project:
My goal was to make classic analog sounds with the VA Roland V-synth.
The patches are typical sounds of analog vintage synth's like the Oberheim OB-Xa (Van halen - jump), Yamaha CS-80 (Vangelis - blade runner), Roland Jupiter, korg P500 and many others.
The patches in this project are just using the oscilators and filters of the V-synth, no samples, like an classic analog synthesizer.
There are no external effects added, sounds are directly from the V-Synth...
----

Hope it clears it. Thank you again!

Denis
Iceman777

Post by Iceman777 »

cello wrote:I have these patches... they're excellent :) Don't know if I can distribute them though through the Repository. Will try and check and get back to you.
Thank you, dear Cello! I just saw your message while I was writing mine. :) I am also not sure if it is alright to distribute them through the Repository. I have tried contacting the man behind the patches some time ago, but did not hear back from him yet. These patches are trully excellent and shows the true power of synthesis to me.

Thank you again!
cello

Post by cello »

I had version 1b and Jama emailed me the update for the v1c collection out of the blue - there's a lot of sounds.

I have just emailed him and will let you know what his answer is.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:
These were designed specifically for the GT, so if they use both Upper and Lower tones they would not sound the same on a V or V-XT.

However, our resident V expert Paulo has been to the mountain top. He has successfully converted GT patches (albeit with only the single tone architecture) to work on his XT so don't lose hope. We will wait for the aforementioned Mr. (last name deleted by Roland Secret Agent) to chime in with some V wisdom and once cello gets these ported over to the Repository you could duly find yourself in Analog Land!

With classics like VangelSwell, Stingbuzzer, Do not feed!, Ring Hollow, Rock the V, Zero Gravity, Fantasma, Pad Boone, 6 different JP6 Arp's and one of my fave's MOON5GTR along with 443 others, you can't go wrong!
Hello, me? Resident V expert? Not a chance, just a V believer ;-)

What's the name of the GT project you gentlemen are talking about? I can try to convert it for the XT alright. I'm a bit rusty as my beloved integra has taken almost all my attention lately ;-), but At least I will give it a try...