ROLAND ANNOUNCES NEW V-SYNTH GT PATCH DOWNLOAD (2008)

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
cello

Re: ROLAND ANNOUNCES NEW V-SYNTH GT PATCH DOWNLOAD (2008)

Post by cello »

Hi PauloF - nice that you're enjoying the Integra so much! :)

The name of the file is 'GT Analog Project' - at the bottom of the 'Others' tab in GTv2 section of jp-80.com

Thanks for trying - if you do convert it, would it be possible to get the files so that I could make them available in the XT section?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

cello wrote:Hi PauloF - nice that you're enjoying the Integra so much! :)

The name of the file is 'GT Analog Project' - at the bottom of the 'Others' tab in GTv2 section of jp-80.com

Thanks for trying - if you do convert it, would it be possible to get the files so that I could make them available in the XT section?
Sure Cello, I'll try that over the weekend as soon as I get back from this "annoying" bus.trip and put my hands on the "machines" again ;-)
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Ok.is there a polymoog vox humana patch in that lot by any chance? :-)
I am not knowing about any Polymoog patch or patches in the lot, nor any by the name of Vox Humana. But there is one called Mini$@#Right! ;-)
synthman

Post by synthman »

There seems to be some differance between the "Gt Analog project" & Jamas "Analog project for v synth v2 (1b update 1c" which is the one I have. Some of the sounds listed in the Gt set are also in jamas v synthtv2 set some are are not im only going by the Gt ones given in this thread, maybe someone can check if there are any differance between them

Edit... The jama Analog v synth v2 project has 2 polymoog vox humana patches by the way...
cello

Post by cello »

The files are separate collections. Gt analog project was put together by Roland from user contributions - 512 sounds.

The jama collection is his original sounds of which there are 146 with the rest of the sounds mostly coming from the GT analogue collection.

Hope that makes sense!
synthman

Post by synthman »

cello wrote:The files are separate collections. Gt analog project was put together by Roland from user contributions - 512 sounds.

The jama collection is his original sounds of which there are 146 with the rest of the sounds mostly coming from the GT analogue collection.

Hope that makes sense!
Yes, kind of. It would seem he (jama) has also included some v synth v2 original factory patches in he's analog project as well.
cello

Post by cello »

I've received a reply from Jama.

First of all he reminded me I paid for his sounds so doesn't think it fair to his customers to now suddenly share them freely on my site - which I totally understand and respect.

He has however suggested that he could do a cutdown set that I can share freely at http://www.jp-80.com, along with details on how to upgrade to the full set.

This is very kind of him.

In the meantime, if you are interested in the full commercial pack (which I highly recommend - his analogue sounds are hugely authentic and a joy to use) please email him directly - jamasounddesign@skynet.be He will then give you details on how to pay for the sounds.

I will let you know when the cutdown sound pack is available - have no idea when that might be as it is up to Jama when he sends them to me - but I have no doubt he will, in time.
cello

Post by cello »

www.jp-80.com has been updated with two things for the XT.

Firstly, the GT Analog Collection (as distribute by Roland) has been converted to XT format by our very own PauloF - many thanks for doing this! It means for the first time XT users can enjoy the collection in full.

Second, PauloF has also converted my CS80 Lead sound.

Really appreciate your support of the Repository PauloF; many thanks again!

Hope XT users enjoy these updates.
jayteejr

Post by jayteejr »

The XT/GT Analog Collection has been available for ages... Not sure how PauloF should get credit unless he originally did the conversion a few yrs ago...
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

jayteejr wrote:The XT/GT Analog Collection has been available for ages... Not sure how PauloF should get credit unless he originally did the conversion a few yrs ago...

I didn't do the conversion to get any "credits" or whatever, but because a clan friend asked me to do it and this way anybody can benefit from it.

You are right when you say that the GT Analog collection converted in XT format exists for "ages", as in fact it does and I did converted before yes, a few years ago. But I have no idea if someone else did it before and published it or not, but that really doesn't matter, does it?

The important being that now we have the GT Analog collection converted in XT format and available to anyone for free on a proper repository.

Take care
cello

Post by cello »

jayteejr wrote:The XT/GT Analog Collection has been available for ages... Not sure how PauloF should get credit unless he originally did the conversion a few yrs ago...
Yes, they have been available for ages, agreed. However, Roland has at some point stopped hosting them hence why I asked PauloF (because I knew he is knowledgeable and he has an XT; I have the GTv2) to convert them so that the collection could still be 'out there'.

So whilst you may have the collection(s) they are not available from Roland anymore.

So future XT / GT owners can continue to enjoy using the sounds by a) PauloF doing the work for me and b) continuing to make the sounds available.

Or perhaps you have an objection to this approach?
jayteejr

Post by jayteejr »

I believe the conversion was actually posted here at the clan... So maybe it was Roland who done it back then... I've been a member here since the beginning until Art changed the registration... So yes, maybe a few who don't have the file can enjoy it again, plus all the others available at your site(which I'm grateful, including those from PauloF)

I just know how important it is when it comes to credit and mentioned that it was possible that someone else could have handled the conversion before... Thought I've stated before that it could have been him... But, oh well... Still much luv to the both of yall!!!
cello

Post by cello »

If you look at my site you will see all effort and copyright holding is fully credited.

The version I am hosting and making available was done by PauloF and that is the end of the matter as far as I am concerned. There may well be previous conversions - but I have not received them and I know for a fact that PauloF did do the work involved; ie he did not simply pass to me someone else's files.

Therefore, he gets the credit for the files I'm hosting.
jayteejr

Post by jayteejr »

I was simply stating the conversion was already done before... Jeez!!!
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

jayteejr wrote:…Not sure how PauloF should get credit unless he originally did the conversion a few yrs ago.
I am not sure how PauloF should not receive credit unless one can demonstrate that he did not originally do the conversion a few years ago.
jayteejr wrote:The XT/GT Analog Collection has been available for ages…
Paulo has been around for ages, too!
Clock.jpg
Clock.jpg (48.43 KiB) Viewed 1477 times