V-Synth XT vs. Integra 7

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
MoeGreen

V-Synth XT vs. Integra 7

Post by MoeGreen »

Hey guys,

as the title suggests i´m thinking about selling my v-synth xt and getting an integra 7 instead. I wanted to discuss this topic here before, because i don´t want to do something i might regret in the future. As i´ve found out, the integra 7 also has a va section (supernatural synth) and is also able to to use samples as an oscillator. I know that the va section of the v-synth is deeper and also has this whole sample and variphrase stuff, but as i don´t use own samples this isn´t something of great importance to me. So how does the va section of the integra 7 compare to the one on the v-synth xt? Do you think it is a bad idea? I just sold my Fantom X7 with various SRX Boards, so the integra 7 might give me everything my fantom X7 had, plus many features of the v-synth xt.

Thanks for your help guys!!
PauloF

Re: V-Synth XT vs. Integra 7

Post by PauloF »

MoeGreen wrote:Hey guys,

as the title suggests i´m thinking about selling my v-synth xt and getting an integra 7 instead. I wanted to discuss this topic here before, because i don´t want to do something i might regret in the future. As i´ve found out, the integra 7 also has a va section (supernatural synth) and is also able to to use samples as an oscillator. I know that the va section of the v-synth is deeper and also has this whole sample and variphrase stuff, but as i don´t use own samples this isn´t something of great importance to me. So how does the va section of the integra 7 compare to the one on the v-synth xt? Do you think it is a bad idea? I just sold my Fantom X7 with various SRX Boards, so the integra 7 might give me everything my fantom X7 had, plus many features of the v-synth xt.

Thanks for your help guys!!
That is a coincidence but the V-Synth XT and the Integra-7 are exactly the only two hardware synths I own !! :-)

Despite being deep and having a good (big) representation of the legacy sounds from the old Roland Synths (SH-101, XVs, JD-800/990, D-50/550, Jupiter-6/8, Juno 60/106, Fantoms, etc) the integra-7 doesn't have a Sampler, Arpeggiator (and more important) Vari-phrase! as despite having only one effects unit, the XT can be used as a Multi-timbral to layer with the integra for more rich sounds.
The Integra is deeper on the VA section, but the sole characteristics of the XT makes it UNIQUE and unavoidable (IMHO)!!

The XT can use Samples that you import or sample on the machine but the Integra can only use the PRESET Samples, no external samples capability at all.

They complement each other nicely, and I could not think about having to let one of them go for any reason.
(look that I had to sell a DR-880, a FA-101, a BR-864, a RD-170, a SonicCell and a Fantom X because of money problems, but in my perfect state of mind, I will never sell those two).

This is the way I use them normally:
XT:
- Solo (Part1): Arps, Strings, Plucked, Lead Synths, lead Guitars, Drums, Vox and Ambience sounds
- Layered with the Integra (Several Parts): Bass, Strings, Pads, Pianos (that too), Brass, Poly and Lead Synths

Integra:
- Pianos (layered with the XTs), E.Pianos, Pads, Strings, Bass, Ac.Guitars, El.Guitars, Lead Guitars, Pipe Organ, Poly Synths, Lead Synths (layered with the XT), Drums, Orchestral, Vox

If I was in your position and if money was not an issue, I would buy the Integra and KEEP the XT.

As an option you could also: wait a couple of weeks more and complement the XT with a FA-06/08 as it has an integra heart + keyboard + Sampler + Sequencer + Drum Machine.

cheers,
PauloF
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

I actually have both, amazing I also use the V-Synth for more of the Arp, Sound Morphing and Ambient type stuff. It also sounds more grittier and dirtier (if you want it to) than the Integera-7 can be. They really do compliment each other. Also another reason (and main reason) for me why the XT wouldn't go is because of the D50 built in, neither the Integera or the FA's have a lot of the D50 waveforms and certainly not the D50 filter so although they could mimic certain patches they certainly cannot do what the D50 does.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

skinmechanic wrote:I actually have both, amazing I also use the V-Synth for more of the Arp, Sound Morphing and Ambient type stuff. It also sounds more grittier and dirtier (if you want it to) than the Integera-7 can be. They really do compliment each other. Also another reason (and main reason) for me why the XT wouldn't go is because of the D50 built in, neither the Integera or the FA's have a lot of the D50 waveforms and certainly not the D50 filter so although they could mimic certain patches they certainly cannot do what the D50 does.
You're absolutely right!!

I don't know how I forgot to mention the D-50...:-(