V Synth XT mic gain and vocoder

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
MoeGreen

V Synth XT mic gain and vocoder

Post by MoeGreen »

Hey guys,
I have asked a similar question before, but I just want to be 100% clear about this.
I got a question concerning the vocal designer and mic gain situation on the V-Synth XT. I´m using the vocoder with a standard dynamic gooseneck mic and have set the input to normal (not Hi-Z or phantom power). To get a proper signal at the output i have to turn the input gain nearly to maximum and i also have to enable the compressor+ns in the mic settings tab. Without the compressor enabled, the input is clipping when speaking loudly, but i´m not getting a loud enough signal at the output. Is that normal? Maybe other v-synth owners, or guys who have experience with the synth can tell me if thats the normal.

Thanks guys!!
PauloF

Re: V Synth XT mic gain and vocoder

Post by PauloF »

MoeGreen wrote:Hey guys,
I have asked a similar question before, but I just want to be 100% clear about this.
I got a question concerning the vocal designer and mic gain situation on the V-Synth XT. I´m using the vocoder with a standard dynamic gooseneck mic and have set the input to normal (not Hi-Z or phantom power). To get a proper signal at the output i have to turn the input gain nearly to maximum and i also have to enable the compressor+ns in the mic settings tab. Without the compressor enabled, the input is clipping when speaking loudly, but i´m not getting a loud enough signal at the output. Is that normal? Maybe other v-synth owners, or guys who have experience with the synth can tell me if thats the normal.

Thanks guys!!
Hi, didn't this solved your issue?
MoeGreen

Post by MoeGreen »

Hey Paulo,

sorry, I didn´t mean to be disrespectful. I is just that I spent such a large amount of money on the v-synth xt that I just wanted to be 100% clear about this. As it seems to be normal, I think roland could have arranged thinks better with the mic preamp. But I found out if I increase the output gain in the system tab, it makes things much better.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

MoeGreen wrote:Hey Paulo,

sorry, I didn´t mean to be disrespectful. I is just that I spent such a large amount of money on the v-synth xt that I just wanted to be 100% clear about this. As it seems to be normal, I think roland could have arranged thinks better with the mic preamp. But I found out if I increase the output gain in the system tab, it makes things much better.
No, no worries, nothing like that ;-)
I was just surprised as I thought you said it was solved before...

Maybe you are right and that is a V-Synth XT issue, but to be honest, I don't use the vocoder at all on my music. :-)
I Just use the VC-2 to create Voice Tones triggered from the keyboard