not all projects do work/no sound

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Revel

not all projects do work/no sound

Post by Revel »

Hi there,

Just got a v-synth gt and downloaded a lot of sounds projects from jp80.com. Although all the sounds I downloaded were for the v-synth gt only 1 of 3 works. The other ones do appear but I can see or hear no presets. Is my synth not good or what?

Would be nice if someone could help me out, thanks.
cello

Re: not all projects do work/no sound

Post by cello »

Welcome to the Clan revel :)

Glad you have been using my site! Which sounds did you download? The GTv2 ones or the XT ones?

If you downloaded the GTv2 they won't work.

The problem you are having is that the GT is neither an XT or GTv2 (which the sounds are compatible with).

I don't have a GT (I have the v2) but I think you should download the XT versions of the sounds, then put them on your USB.

Then use the convert routine in the system area. This then converts the XT sound to GT format. You will then hear the sounds. But remember to save the project otherwise you will have to convert the sounds again and of course lose any previous edits.

Hope this helps :)
Revel

Post by Revel »

Hi Cello,

Nice to know you made this site, great job!
I am not sure if I understand you correctly....I have a V-synth GT version 2.0. with this orange sticker on top is this what you mean by Gt v2?

In the downloads I only differentiate XT and Gt and just V-synth but not Gt v2

For example I just loaded your project and I see the synth downloading all the samples 20%...40% etc untill 100% so it says: "load project completed" but no presets show up and no sound can be heard.

Still puzzled :)
Reveltreffis

Post by Reveltreffis »

Hello again,

Well, the problem with loading patches into my v synth gt had to do with the fact my usb stick didn't work properly. So everything is fine now and I enjoy all the wonderfull sounds that were created!!

I am very happy with this synth....
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Reveltreffis wrote:Hello again,

Well, the problem with loading patches into my v synth gt had to do with the fact my usb stick didn't work properly. So everything is fine now and I enjoy all the wonderfull sounds that were created!!

I am very happy with this synth....

Good stuff!!! ;-)
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Ditto!