Arp problem

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
jrc

Arp problem

Post by jrc »

I've had my version 2 for about a month now and am beginning to get used to it. There is something though that is really baffling me. The arpeggiator in random mode when set to two octaves will only play one note up and down even though I am playing a three note chord. So, if I play C major in random with a range of 1 or 3 octaves it randomly plays C,E or G notes as it should. If I put it to 2 octaves it picks one of the three notes and just plays that up and down. I have also tried it on arp patches that use random and again, if I change it to 2 octaves on a patch it picks one note and plays that up and down. Anyone got any thoughts please? Does it sound like a software problem or an actual internal malfunction?
PauloF

Re: Arp problem

Post by PauloF »

jrc wrote:I've had my version 2 for about a month now and am beginning to get used to it. There is something though that is really baffling me. The arpeggiator in random mode when set to two octaves will only play one note up and down even though I am playing a three note chord. So, if I play C major in random with a range of 1 or 3 octaves it randomly plays C,E or G notes as it should. If I put it to 2 octaves it picks one of the three notes and just plays that up and down. I have also tried it on arp patches that use random and again, if I change it to 2 octaves on a patch it picks one note and plays that up and down. Anyone got any thoughts please? Does it sound like a software problem or an actual internal malfunction?
After trying at low beats, as it's easier to hear, I got the exact same problem you describe.

In fact when -2 Octaves UP or DOWN the RAMDOM Arp does not ARP all the notes, but just one of the top or down octave. I must confess that I never saw this problem before as I don't use random patterns at all.

It seems that Roland calls RANDOM to a range of Notes included on the ones we play, not specifically all of them... I guess that we should call it RANDOM after all, isn't it ?? ;-)