It was a hard decision

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
electrow

It was a hard decision

Post by electrow »

Well, I bought an E-bay GT. I went thru a lot of oscillating thinking on this. I've had the original V-synth (with 2.0). for years and love the physical controls. But I want the vocal designer option. I'm also a sound designer, working independently, as well as for Big Fish Audio.

I really appreciate the information this site has provided about options & pro & cons to the GT. I almost went with adding an XT but felt I have more options with voice with the GT. I'm working on a new revamped voice project (Voice Fusions 2) , so I hope the GT adds to the creativity, as I will have to sell my original v-synth, and adopt to the screen control rather than the knobs.

The V-synth remains astonishing, & to me is a sound designer's dream.

I hope I enjoy the GT as much as the original.....
SoundworldA.D.

Re: It was a hard decision

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Another big advantage with the GT besides the extra effects and 4 extra voices is the addition of AP-S. The realism provided on the horns and stringed instruments is a big plus to me. I also have an XT in addition to my two GT's and they have become my workhorses in the Soundworld along with the OASYS.

Best of wishes for the sound design. Enjoy the GT!
v_synth_gt_v2_utility_menu_gal.jpeg
v_synth_gt_v2_utility_menu_gal.jpeg (38.99 KiB) Viewed 692 times
electrow

Post by electrow »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:Another big advantage with the GT besides the extra effects and 4 extra voices is the addition of AP-S. The realism provided on the horns and stringed instruments is a big plus to me. I also have an XT in addition to my two GT's and they have become my workhorses in the Soundworld along with the OASYS.

Best of wishes for the sound design. Enjoy the GT!
v_synth_gt_v2_utility_menu_gal.jpeg
Thanks for positive reflections.

Do you find using the touch screen pretty intuitive for creating your own sounds?
Are there features which are CC controlable, not already mapped in the "live" section?
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Do you find using the touch screen pretty intuitive for creating your own sounds?
As others have said as well, creating on the V-Synth can be a very rewarding experience, and the touch screens make it that much more of a snap. The colour layout (Com/OSC1/OSC2/Mod/COSM1/COSM2/TVA/APSyn/Effect) with the exception of the Articulate Phrase Synthesis is pretty much the same as the other V's and still provides for a very logical and intuitive editing experience (albeit with the addition of an extra tone instead of only a single). Add in the arpeggiator and the Multi-Step Mod and you have a potent force for creating even more massive sounds with that extra tone.
Are there features which are CC controllable, not already mapped in the "live" section?
Many CC features are of course available and by "live" section I am guessing that you mean such things as the D-Beams, Time Trip and Pitch Bend/Mod lever. To be honest, I don't use CC messages but have had a lot of fun editing with the AP-S, Variphrase and COSM section knobs in real time. In that regard, it is in a way sort of like the venerable old JD-800 in that front panel editing capabilities are really vast and you can make those quick edits without having to trudge through endless editing screens.

Makes me want to go start editing right now! ;-D
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

stealthgear wrote:I hope it works out. There are a couple extra master effects on the GT. I think people forget that too.

For me the main advantage on the GT over the XT/V-Synth is the dual Core Synth, each one with its dedicated effects section. That and the Vocal Designer that can be mixed with the Main Synth's Patches

Apart from that, due to its Zones mode and multitimbrality, the XT is capable of "almost" emulating the GT, even with more that 2 simultaneous Parts (dependent on polyphony) on Split or Layer modes, except that there is only one common effects section...
electrow

Post by electrow »

This is all sounding like I made a choice where one can't go wrong. The loss of some of the physical knobs I have on the original v-synth, can be compensated for. I had been looking for over a month & it seemed, economically a wash to either buy the XT or sell the V-Synth & p[ut the money toward the GT. I beginning to feel I made the right choice..... Thanks!!