Sample start offset modulation on Varios/VP9000/Vsynth?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
guyguy2003

Sample start offset modulation on Varios/VP9000/Vsynth?

Post by guyguy2003 »

Hi everyone!

New in the group, really love the vsynth but have a few questions someone here might know the answer to :)
1. Sample start offset modulation - I have both the keyboard classic v-synth (2.0) and the XT.. but I can't find any way to add a modulator to the sample start offset. that would really open the door to wavetable-like processing, for example by changing the sample start . If its not possible on the vsynth, is it possible on the varios or vp9000? or are there any tricks to do it anyway? (by modulating the envelope for example?) I know I can do something similar with kontakt 4/5, but I really love my v-synths and want be able to do it with them.
2. How does the varios 303 emulation sounds? is it an authentic 303 sound? is it better/worse/same as the vsynth 303 filter? (which I am not that impressed with compared to D16 emulation for example).
3. Is it worth buying a varios for the v-producer software? I saw a demo where you can do a lot of really cool effects on rhythm and it seems to be easier to edit and adjust vocals in real time using keyboard which I love compared to the vsynth.
4. As of 2014, are there any software equivalents to the features of v-synth/varios?

Cheers
Guy
guyguy2003

Re: Sample start offset modulation on Varios/VP9000/Vsynth?

Post by guyguy2003 »

Sorry, one more :D
5. Any way to create velocity switches/fades with samples on the v-synth/vp9000/varios like you would in a normal sampler?
radiophonics

Post by radiophonics »

i thought the varios 303 and jupiter were terrible , just bad vst sound.

ample start offset modulation on all 3 machines is micro editing style and you cannot do major sample point jumps and wavescanning on any of them .

Not one software equiv i have heard of .

Sorry but the last question in do not know the answer to.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Welcome to the Clan, Guyguy2003!

I don't know anything about VAariOS nor VP9000, but I'll try to answer as much as I can
guyguy2003 wrote: 1. Sample start offset modulation - I have both the keyboard classic v-synth (2.0) and the XT.. but I can't find any way to add a modulator to the sample start offset. that would really open the door to wavetable-like processing, for example by changing the sample start . If its not possible on the vsynth, is it possible on the varios or vp9000? or are there any tricks to do it anyway? (by modulating the envelope for example?) I know I can do something similar with kontakt 4/5, but I really love my v-synths and want be able to do it with them.
Both V-Synth v2 and the XT have intensive Sample manipulation playback features on the PCM OSC section
Take a look and try to tweak the parameters in all sections (OSC TYPE, PITCH, TIME, FORMANT and LFO)
Also on the COMMON section, the 4x 16 step modulator can give extensive ways to modulate the Sample playback.
guyguy2003 wrote: 2. How does the varios 303 emulation sounds? is it an authentic 303 sound? is it better/worse/same as the vsynth 303 filter? (which I am not that impressed with compared to D16 emulation for example).

3. Is it worth buying a varios for the v-producer software? I saw a demo where you can do a lot of really cool effects on rhythm and it seems to be easier to edit and adjust vocals in real time using keyboard which I love compared to the synth.
I have no knowledge on the variOS to be able to give you an answer on those
guyguy2003 wrote: 4. As of 2014, are there any software equivalents to the features of v-synth/varios?
The major part of pro series DAWs do that kind of manipulation, but check this article:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... h-yet.html
guyguy2003 wrote: 5. Any way to create velocity switches/fades with samples on the v-synth/vp9000/varios like you would in a normal sampler?
(Kind of) answered on 1.
Play around with all available parameters on the PCM OSC section... it is IMPRESSIVE what we can do with it.

cheers,