patches from Kineticsoundprism

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Reveltreffis

patches from Kineticsoundprism

Post by Reveltreffis »

Bought some patches from Kineticsoundprism (€20,-) just expand my V-synth gt. 900 patches and maybe 4 of them are useful just for a litte bit. What a bummer! If you spend so much time making a library why not making something more beautiful, but ok I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Cello and AD Soundworld told in an other topic about this library that the samples were good quality bu I do not agree on this point. I think the quality is poor, thin sounding samples and almost all of them sounding a little harsh especially in the higher range of the keyboard.

If anybody has a suggestion for some good samples/patches apart from the patches from jp-80.com I will be glad to hear it.
PauloF

Re: patches from Kineticsoundprism

Post by PauloF »

Reveltreffis wrote:Bought some patches from Kineticsoundprism (€20,-) just expand my V-synth gt. 900 patches and maybe 4 of them are useful just for a litte bit. What a bummer! If you spend so much time making a library why not making something more beautiful, but ok I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Cello and AD Soundworld told in an other topic about this library that the samples were good quality bu I do not agree on this point. I think the quality is poor, thin sounding samples and almost all of them sounding a little harsh especially in the higher range of the keyboard.

If anybody has a suggestion for some good samples/patches apart from the patches from jp-80.com I will be glad to hear it.

There are several hundreds of Patches present in www.JP-80.com that you can choose from and the difficulty is which ones to choose from to include in your projects, as they are so many GOOD quality and FREE ones!

Apart from that you can do your own sounds, from scratch or based on the extensive library available there
SoundworldA.D.

Re: patches from Kineticsoundprism

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

I got a real chuckle out of this one! Sorry you had to pay 20 bleedin' BP's for yours as I think I only had to pay 23USD, but I still think there is plenty to be chuffed about even for the extra coinage. To be fair I did state that my main focus was some of the ethnic sounds and I think cello mainly alluded to some of those in his also.
2:43AM had this to say: Hey SoundWorld, you say these patches and sounds are very good? After listening to the abysmally-horrible sound demo mp3's, I regret to say I am very turned off!

For 23 bucks, it could totally suck, but maybe it'd still be worth it for 900 patches and sounds, right?
And my retort:
One man's pile of gold can be another's pile of dung!

I don't know about the demo's as I did not spend too much time listening to them. All I know is that I found a lot of really useable ethnic sounds which was my focus. I don't do a lot of techno, hop flip, flip flop, pip-pop or much of any other such burps, bleeps, or fart sounds so maybe it is not well suited to all. I didn't listen to many of the other sounds.

It is definitely a case of "to each his own" but with 900 sounds, I would think you could at least find some stuff that would meet your fancy, especially for a little over 20 bucks. Given the time that went into sampling all of this stuff and getting a lot of new custom sound material, that was a small price for me to pay.

The bottom line is, if you don't like what you hear, don't buy them. And if you do buy them and don't like them, don't blame me. I merely stated my opinion.

Caveat emptor! ;-D
And Mr. cello's:
Absolutely right SoundworldA.D.!

I have this collection too - and to be honest, there are about 12 that are useful to me; but my, oh, my are they good or what!! I agree with the quality of the sampling - excellent. For $20 you can't go wrong.

And I'm sure my 'top 12' are different to your 'top 12' and that's exactly the way it should be! Would be a boring old world if we all agreed on what was a good or bad sound...

You mentioned the sarangi - it is amazingly good. For me however the winner is 'Nepalese Tea' - I would've paid $20 for that alone. So responsive to touch, wonderful harmonics and just a great expressive sound.

To each their own indeed... but what does $20 get you these days? Precious little. Even the fun of going through each sound and having new musical ideas is worth $20!
Regardless of any concerns over sampling quality, there is a lot there and I still think they are worth what I paid, because...
I've spent more on cheesy food at the bleedin' ball game for crying out loud!
Sorry if I mislead any with my "glowing" review! I regret to inform that I will not be able to mail out any refund checks due to having succumbed to a severe anxiety attack. The homeopathic remedy for this was to eat copious amounts of cabbage and beans which in turn has lead to an enormous bill for the wind pills!
;-D
Flame On!.jpg
Flame On!.jpg (9.72 KiB) Viewed 618 times