V-Synth Patch Format - Offline Editing

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
daX6fantom

V-Synth Patch Format - Offline Editing

Post by daX6fantom »

Is there any documentation available for the V-Synth GT patch format on the memory card?

Basically I'd like to be able to edit patches on the memory card, perhaps to write a quick and dirty program to batch edit patches, ie so I can assign midi cc controllers so every patch can be controlled from the DAW, or even assign zones which is IMO a tedious process to do on the synth.

I do remember reading a long time ago about someone making a patch editor, I wonder if anything ever came of that?
PauloF

Re: V-Synth Patch Format - Offline Editing

Post by PauloF »

daX6fantom wrote:Is there any documentation available for the V-Synth GT patch format on the memory card?

Basically I'd like to be able to edit patches on the memory card, perhaps to write a quick and dirty program to batch edit patches, ie so I can assign midi cc controllers so every patch can be controlled from the DAW, or even assign zones which is IMO a tedious process to do on the synth.

I do remember reading a long time ago about someone making a patch editor, I wonder if anything ever came of that?
As fas as I know there is no documentation regarding the patch info data.
The GT is so easy to create patches with that an external editor was never considered by Roland.
However the Librarian manages patches and wav relationships very well and maybe there is a guru out there capable of reverse engineering the file structure... Who knows