New owner of V-Synth GT

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
DNGmaestro

New owner of V-Synth GT

Post by DNGmaestro »

Hello my friends!

I have been dreaming about it since the first in 2003 but now i can finally say I'm a proud new owner of a V-synth GT! :D
It's really an amazing and unique machine and really well made allround. I've been playing with V2.0 presets and already made two patches from scratch that are great and really fun to play around.
I'm happy with this purchase :D

However i don't quite understand how the librarian works. Do we simply copy the patches there?

And is there only 512 available at a time on the GT?

Can someone please elaborate a bit on this please?

Thanks!!
SoundworldA.D.

Re: New owner of V-Synth GT

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Congrats and welcome to the V-world! Yes, only 512 2-tone patches can reside at a time in the GT, but with the editor/librarian or a USB memory stick you can easily have thousands of patches at the ready.

With the GT I just use the editor/librarian to load up projects to a USB flash drive and load that way so I don't actually have to hook up the computer to the synth.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

DNGmaestro wrote:Hello my friends!

I have been dreaming about it since the first in 2003 but now i can finally say I'm a proud new owner of a V-synth GT! :D
It's really an amazing and unique machine and really well made allround. I've been playing with V2.0 presets and already made two patches from scratch that are great and really fun to play around.
I'm happy with this purchase :D

However i don't quite understand how the librarian works. Do we simply copy the patches there?

And is there only 512 available at a time on the GT?

Can someone please elaborate a bit on this please?

Thanks!!
Wow, congrats on your purchase!!

SWAD already answered your Librarian doubt, and the Flash drive can hold as many Projects as you want (can be hundreds...), so it's just a matter to load a new project and voilá, 512 more you have!!
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

I realize that the editor librarian can be quite daunting to those who haven't used it a lot. Try this...format a USB drive on the GT and then save the residing project to it. Transfer that project to your computer and open the project with the editor librarian. Download all of the free GT projects from the Repository. Open one of them as well. Then delete, drag and drop to your heart's content to build a favorites project with the best patches from a cast of thousands, rename it as like "GT favorites" and save it to your USB stick and then load that back into the GT.

http://www.jp-80.com/index.html
Attachments
VS_Editor.jpg
VS_Editor.jpg (87.33 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
DNGmaestro

Post by DNGmaestro »

Thank you for the great answers!

I could just do that with the V-Synth connected (like i have right now) to the computer, instead of using a usb pen right?
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Yes you can use either one.
TJ80

Post by TJ80 »

I too, am the proud owner of one of these amazing machines. I found one on eBay, boxed, unused with all the packaging, I couldn't believe it after a few years of looking.

Anyway, I have to say that all the info in here will prove invaluable so thanks in advance for all the expertise shared.

I now look forward to exploring its labyrinthine depths and the Sound Repository.

It's a pity Roland didn't update the drivers for Mavericks though. I can't go back to Mountain Lion because then the new Integra editor won't work:-(

I guess you can't have it all!